Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

It's sad but that's how these types of businesses "most" always end up.  A lot of the insane FaceSpaceGram people were likely part of the problem when they moved to our city and our neighborhood from the coasts or a certain big midwestern city who shall not be named, inflating prices in the area.  I've seen more record stores and music venues go under than those same people have even been to but I'm sure they had a good time at the four local music shows they over the last three years they've lived here.  We're Music City only when it fits our marketing strategy.

"when you say no to one thing, you're saying yes to something else"

- CM Anthony Davis

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DJIII said:

Would've been cool to fill this corner Flatiron angle with a shop of some sort.  Pretty boring usage of a unique angle.  Oh well!  Still plenty of area including Family Dollar lot, to be redeveloped down there. 

Yeah, the developer's original request was for 13 townhomes with 2K sqft of commercial space on the corner (https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20483336/east-nashville-historic-district-eyed-for-mixeduse-project). I never saw a rendering, but I bet it would've looked nice. Because our zoning is ridiculously out of date they had to get an SP through (S 10th and 11th are mostly still zoned for single family houses), and the the Edgefield brigade sprang into action to protect "livability". So instead we got a scaled-back bland version with fewer more expensive units and no commercial space.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fishsticks176 said:

Efgefield Sports Bar and Grill has been bought and their lease isn’t being renewed. They’ll be closing in April and I’d expect that that building to be torn down rather than rehabbed. Sad news for the east side.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Not questioning you but can you source that?

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 7:15 PM, fishsticks176 said:

Efgefield Sports Bar and Grill has been bought and their lease isn’t being renewed. They’ll be closing in April and I’d expect that that building to be torn down rather than rehabbed. Sad news for the east side.

I'm so sad about this.  There isn't a better place to throw darts and the bar staff have always been first rate.  I never even minded that I reeked of smoke when I left. 

Three new residential complexes in Donelson:

1) A series of 4 story buildings totaling 199 units is being built at 121 Donelson Pike.  It is across the street from theMusic City Star station.  Developer is Shelton McNally Real Estate out of Atlanta.  Bascar Consturction is the contractor, and Bernard L. Weistein and Dynamik Design are the architects. Render #1 below.

2)  Several 3/4 story buildings will house 140 condos on 3.7 acres at  2303 Lebanon Pike developed by Brandon Plunkett and designed by 906 Studio Architects. Render #2 below.

3) 188 workforce housing/affordable apartments at 2841 Lebanon Pike, also to be developed by Plunkett.  No rendering yet.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/02/04/workforce-apartments-sprout-in-donelson-as.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

121 Donelson Pike:

121 Donelson Pike Apts, Feb 4, 2019, render.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the 121 Donelson site in teal at the center of the frame:

121 Donelson Pike Apts, Feb 4, 2019, site map.png

2303 Lebanon Pike:

2303 Lebanon Pike Apts, Feb 4, 2019, render .png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the 2303 Lebanon Pike site in teal at the center of the frame:

2303 Lebanon Pike Apts, Feb 4, 2019, site map.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, etimer13 said:

I'm so sad about this.  There isn't a better place to throw darts and the bar staff have always been first rate.  I never even minded that I reeked of smoke when I left. 

2 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Fencing going up around the Hill Center Greenwood (Publix) site. I hope this means demolition isn’t far behind. 

F112683C-ED24-4C11-8DF7-08835E21609C.jpeg

I apologize if this is common knowledge or already discussed but has Publix confirmed involvement in this development?

59 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think think they have. So much news anymore, I cant remember what has been reported but I am pretty sure it was. My memory is not what it use to be just because of the shear numbers of projects.

Completely understand, thanks smeagolsfree!

On 2/4/2019 at 5:38 PM, TnNative said:

Completely understand, thanks smeagolsfree!

According to @bwithers1 on an EN Fbk post yesterday, it has NOT been confirmed directly by Publix.  Someone surmised it a while back from a clue on the SP.  However, the project would most likely not be going ahead without that tenant in place. To me that means they have a grocer under contract that is most likely Publix. I believe BW is just being cautious and not wanting to have it come back if it were to somehow not happen. Which is completely understandable being a public figure. 

When the SP (or whatever itwas) was released someone found a relic of the Publix branding on one of the dumpsters and then shortly after that discovery was made public Publix made a statement.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21029170/publix-eyes-east-nashville-location

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DJIII said:

According to @bwithers1 on an EN Fbk post yesterday, it has NOT been confirmed directly by Publix.  Someone surmised it a while back from a clue on the SP.  However, the project would most likely not be going ahead without that tenant in place. To me that means they have a grocer under contract that is most likely Publix. I believe BW is just being cautious and not wanting to have it come back if it were to somehow not happen. Which is completely understandable being a public figure. 

That FB thread is hilarious. Like every other comment thread restarts another ill-informed debate about whether it's Sprouts, Publix, or unconfirmed. Brett tries to dance between them and straighten them out but eventually gives up. Another guy groundlessly insists that it's going to be a high rise.  :tw_astonished:  Facebook is such an excellent medium for information flow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A friend of mine emailed with a Publix representative and the rep confirmed that they were trying to finalize something for East Nashville. That was a few months back. I'm sure Brett cannot say anything until documents are signed. Nothing is done until it's done....but it appears to be Publix. Of course, even when things are announced...they can change....ie: IKEA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Boscabel I (4 stories, 96 units, part of Envision Cayce) update. Framing underway for 2nd level. More pillars in place.

Somebody needs to take a drone over there and take a couple of shots. There's at least 4 projects under way in different areas (counting the sheriff's office) and it's really hard to get a feel for it from the ground level because of the scale (and because half the roads are closed off). With all the changes to the street grid, this is going to be an enormous transformation.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AronG said:

Somebody needs to take a drone over there and take a couple of shots. There's at least 4 projects under way in different areas (counting the sheriff's office) and it's really hard to get a feel for it from the ground level because of the scale (and because half the roads are closed off). With all the changes to the street grid, this is going to be an enormous transformation.

This might be a dumb question, but was there an architectural reason they didn’t start with the units fronting Shelby for an immediate aesthetic transformation of the “Gateway to East Nashville”? Those will be replaced dead last if I understand correctly