Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

I get the dislike of tall and skinnies, especially when they don't fit the existing massing of houses in old neighborhoods. But I have changed my original dismissive attitude about them. It occurred to me several years ago, while I stared at a new one in 12South, I lived for nearly 11 years in a tall and skinny in Bellevue. It was a condo. It was 22' wide and attached to 5 others. Other than a lot of stairs (it had five levels) it wasn't bad. I didn't find a lot higher percentage of friendly neighbors in 12South than I had in Bellevue. Every house on my block has a porch and not too many ever use them. Again, I totally get the dislike of tall and not too wide houses.

15 hours ago, markhollin said:

Some details are coming into focus for the 2803 12th Ave. South property of the 21st Century Bookstore. Titan Development purchased the site for $10.6 million 6 weeks ago and has plans revamping the current 5,600 sq. ft. structure into a new retail space, as well as building 13,000 additional sq. ft. o retail, 5,000 sq. ft. of office space, and a 200 seat restaurant.  No word on how many stories.  This info was gleaned from a water permit application.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/details-emerge-for-12south-project/article_01170b60-5863-11ec-b970-cf402998f57e.html

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 3.07.00 PM.png

The last information we had was only a 2-story project... The site plan seemed to back this up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2