Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

10 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

On my run today, I saw that the "Thrive Homes" project over by the Nashville Food Project and St. Luke's has now been officially named Edison Park. On the development map:

image.png.b993b1296e73c5c2eea97f36dfce34cf.png

Layout from the official website https://www.edisonparknashville.com/ (this is the only useful image on the website .. the rest is comprised of stock photos of hipsters). Pretty generic. The banners on the fencing around the site state that the units will be 3 stories tall, of which much of the 1st story will likely be garage space since there are just a couple guest parking spots. It really looks like a lot of space devoted to convoluted asphalt, especially compared to nearby Treaty Oaks. The person in unit 40 sure has to drive a long way to get to their garage ...

1655828297_EdisonPark.thumb.jpg.41b3697ed859c60a1f93b03c56b1ee40.jpg

Have they started construction?????

16 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

Layout from the official website https://www.edisonparknashville.com/ (this is the only useful image on the website .. the rest is comprised of stock photos of hipsters). Pretty generic. The banners on the fencing around the site state that the units will be 3 stories tall, of which much of the 1st story will likely be garage space since there are just a couple guest parking spots. It really looks like a lot of space devoted to convoluted asphalt, especially compared to nearby Treaty Oaks. The person in unit 40 sure has to drive a long way to get to their garage ...

1655828297_EdisonPark.thumb.jpg.41b3697ed859c60a1f93b03c56b1ee40.jpg

I do appreciate the fact that the fronts of these townhomes open to actual green space and sidewalks and the backsides aren't dark, awful concrete alleys. The inclusion of the parallel parking is also a nice touch. The execution of the landscaping will be a huge driver of the developments overall success.

• Like 3

The Manning (7 and 4 stories, 36 luxury condos) update.   Up to first level on the north end, foundational alls on south end nearly done.

Looking NE from intersection of Woodmont Blvd. and Park Manor Blvd:

Manning, May 23, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of Woodmont Blvd. and Park Manor Blvd:

Manning, May 23, 2020, 2.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

Thrive @ City Heights (3 stories,  50 townhomes?) update.  Phase I complete.  Phase II just getting started. Handsome project.  Like the brickwork and the open stairwells up to the rooftop observation decks above each townhome (nice views of downtown to the east from that vantage point).

Looking NW from 26th Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Clifton Ave:

Thrive @ City Hts, May 23, 2020, 1.jpg

Love the Brick 

• Like 3

On 5/28/2020 at 3:04 PM, Bos2Nash said:

I do appreciate the fact that the fronts of these townhomes open to actual green space and sidewalks and the backsides aren't dark, awful concrete alleys.

Yeah, the sidewalks [for the planned Edison Park] are actually about as good as they could be given the odd boundaries. The shortcut to New York and 60th at the top left is a nice touch - they could easily have left that out. As more retail appears along Centennial, these sidewalks should be useful for more than just walking dogs. For now, they'll serve to get residents to Burger Joint, which I myself was walking (much farther) to on a regular basis until COVID hit.

• Like 1

A 6 story medical office building is being planned for 2300 Patterson St. to be part of the TriStar Centennial campus. The developer is Healthpeak Properties. It will be built on a lot that currently features a parking garage. Catalyst Design Group and Franklin-based Civil Construction are contributing to the project. Brentwood-based Layton Construction Co. is currently onsite. No renderings available yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/health-care/article/21135928/tristar-centennials-builds-out-medical-office

• Like 3

Arby’s near the corner of Hillwood Blvd and Charlotte Ave being torn down right now. Anyone know if there is a plan for the location? Sign says “Closed, visit location in Bellevue”, so it sounds like it won’t come back. Plus, I’m pretty sure this was remodeled only a couple years ago.

906906E1-45FC-4973-AC37-16BADCFDA347.thumb.jpeg.01fbc92215f1546dee2131845256674b.jpeg

16 hours ago, Andy20 said:

Arby’s near the corner of Hillwood Blvd and Charlotte Ave being torn down right now. Anyone know if there is a plan for the location? Sign says “Closed, visit location in Bellevue”, so it sounds like it won’t come back. Plus, I’m pretty sure this was remodeled only a couple years ago.

906906E1-45FC-4973-AC37-16BADCFDA347.thumb.jpeg.01fbc92215f1546dee2131845256674b.jpeg

According to the NashvillePost, a business called 'WillCo' has plans for a luxury auto detailing center brand -- MILES Auto Spa.

NashvillePost link: https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21135838/willco-auto-cleaning-business-owner-buys-on-west-side

MILES Auto Spa link: https://milesautospa.com/

Edited by Adekyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Andrew_3289 said:

Corner Pub on 51st Ave in the Nations has permanently closed. 

It looks like this disagreement arose from use of the Green Hills bar account (not a personal account) to write/retweet posts critical of the recent protests and protesters (putting it lightly .. some were pretty incendiary). Why Jeremy Palmer (presumably the "partner" above) thought it would be a good idea to use the restaurant's account in such a way is beyond me. It should be noted that the Green Hills and Nations bars were called "The Original CornerPub" and appear to be separate from the multiple locations called "Corner Pub," which have explicitly distanced themselves from this situation. I'm sad that this had to result in the loss of another restaurant in the Nations (and one that had survived coronavirus just fine) and the loss of jobs for the very friendly employees there who more than likely had nothing to do with this part-owner's online shenanigans.

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1