The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job.

I gotta tell you all... when I first saw that rendering way back, I didn't think in a million years they would ever approve that project. and here we are today...

Robinson and Rosalind will never be the same again.

How tall is that Eola Park Center? Probably around 200' or less I'd guess.

I think the Vue, Dynetech, and Rosalind are going to look incredible across Eola. Now we just need the Rosalind to become reality. It looks like most projects on Eola are getting built. It's mostly Uptown we are seeing little action to date...

I think the Vue, Dynetech, and Rosalind are going to look incredible across Eola. Now we just need the Rosalind to become reality. It looks like most projects on Eola are getting built. It's mostly Uptown we are seeing little action to date...

Also, how about putting some taller projects on Robinson, on the north side of the lake. Some of those office buildings could be demoed and rebuilt on a grander scale... This side would be prime location for streetside retail within mixed-use towers.

Just a vision.

Also, how about putting some taller projects on Robinson, on the north side of the lake. Some of those office buildings could be demoed and rebuilt on a grander scale... This side would be prime location for streetside retail within mixed-use towers.

Just a vision.

You've got a great point, but I kind of like the Landmark Buildings. Anything west of that is fair game in my eyes.

Just a vision.

I've always felt the same way, but the "powers-that-be" many years ago deemed it unacceptable to completely surround Lake Eola with tall buildings. They want to avoid the "canyon effect". I think there is actually a local height restriction on the north (as well as the east) side of Eola Park. Also, you'll notice that you don't see any logos or lit signage along the tops of the high rises on the sides that face the park either. We can't have the sanctity of Eola befouled with gaudy lighted corporate logos, can we?

doesn't colonial bank have a logo facing the park?

yup. they just put it up during the past year.

But I see the point concerning having Lake Eola completely surrounded with high-rises. I just dont think the Lake is big enough for that, plus I like the varying heights. It's kinda cool we will have the South and West sides with high-rises, and the north and east sides with lower buildings. and besides, i like my view across the lake of the Landmark buildings. :D

doesn't colonial bank have a logo facing the park?

I'm not even sure which one that is, they change so fast around here. But you're probably right. SunTrust has their logo facing the park also. Regarding Colonial Bank, the restrictions might be easing a bit with the new push to build up downtown and all but I'm just guessing, of course. As far as SunTrust goes, my guess is that they are just so big and powerful, they were able to get whatever they wanted. The Wachovia building (formerly First Union) is the building most obviously affected by that rule. You'll notice that the logos are only on the sides visible from I-4. When it was originally built, it had the Atlantic Bank logo across the top on all four sides. When they were bought out by First Union and were changing the logo the city adopted that policy. I remember reading something about how the city wanted to go even further in restricting their signage and the president of the bank half jokingly threatened to put up just the First Union initials (F.U.). The city backed down.

I see no problem surrounding lake eola with "highrises." I know those 200 footers are soaring and all...

Me neither, but hey...."Orlando". I think some of it also has to do with the concerns of the Eola Heights residents who live north of Robinson. I don't think those people much like the idea of having high rises encroaching on their neighborhood.

Me neither, but hey...."Orlando". I think some of it also has to do with the concerns of the Eola Heights residents who live north of Robinson. I don't think those people much like the idea of having high rises encroaching on their neighborhood.

I wouldn't mind the idea of Eola being surrounded... I mean, 200' buildings don't give it too much of an "enclosure" really. If they did redevelope this with mid - high rises, it would be a nice area of the city similar to the "Piedmont" area of Atlanta. Charming old homes within feet of highrises.

Why not much buildings want to surround Lake Ivanhoe? It is a bigger lake.

Well, Edgewater borders the western shore of it with nice houses along the shore. But I'm with you-- Sky Towers should be a good project for it, right?

There will never be very many towers around Ivanhoe, maybe on the east side a few, but the houses and neighborhood of college park will not lead to it. Not to mention the land is a lil soft.

Exactly. These are the same people who formed a citizens group called LOLA (Leave Our Lake Alone) to block the city from putting a lighted fountain ala Lake Eola in Lake Ivanhoe. They like things the way they are around there.

Archived