The VUE

Tim3167

iT DOES APPEAR THAT THEY ARE USING A DIFFERENT PROCESS...WISH i UNDERSTOOD MORE

Your right they are using two different techniques. If you notice on the VUE, they build the forms (called table forms) off site in a staging area, and then fly them in and place them in the appropriate position. Once assembled you'll notice that the form comes together to make a box which is pretty much the space that you live in. At that point the concrete gets poured, forms, and when dry the form gets rolled out and replaced with shoring. Because of the reduced ceiling heights this is a common application in condos. It allows you to eliminate the concrete beams (more clearance) and instead you use what is called a post-tentioned slab in which the rebar is run either one direction throught the slab or is criscrossed like a tic-tac-toe board. As far as slowing down on the current floor, thats pretty normal. They'll pick up the pace again once they hit the eighth floor.

The Plaza/Solaire on the other hand is using a technique that was patented by Brasfield & Gorrie. It's a skip joists system in which multiple rebar is loaded up in the beams. Basically carpenters build the forms and they are duplicated as necessary. It is faster (in certain applications) and requires less concrete therefore saving money. They are the only one that is allowed to use their technique so in a lot of cases they self perform most of their own concrete work, providing for an additional benefit to developers.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Plaza/Solaire on the other hand is using a technique that was patented by Brasfield & Gorrie. It's a skip joists system in which multiple rebar is loaded up in the beams. Basically carpenters build the forms and they are duplicated as necessary. It is faster (in certain applications) and requires less concrete therefore saving money.

O'Native - Obviously using this method meets code, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it - but does it produce a weaker structure than typical methods?

O'Native - Obviously using this method meets code, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it - but does it produce a weaker structure than typical methods?

No. Depending on the application, theirs is far superior. It just makes more sense especialy when there is no room for staging forms. Without really getting too much into the engineering, it's all about distributing live and dead loads, which their system does very well. It's the equivalent of doing more work with less effort. Let's hope, because it's starting to look like they are single handedly going to build downtown Orlando on their own.

I was not insulting your explanation, was looking more for pictures or more in depth explanation, if you know of a website or something let me know. Sorry for being nosy about it. Don't take it so serious man, just help the man out.

??? if you're looking for pix of how it looks, just check out the beginning of this thread. O-native was responding to a question about the intricacy of its engineering to explain the speed of its construction compared to Solaire.

PICTURES PLEASE!!!

I'm in NY and I can't see none of the progress... so sad!

Although, I have to say that the skyline out my bedroom window is pretty sweet in itself :D

P1010035.jpg

P1010037.jpg

P1010045.jpg

If not for those bare trees I'd really get homesick looking at this pic. Looks like you're on the lower East Side.

haha, yea, the bare trees make me want to go back...

But I think I'll give it a few years and come back when the Vue, soliare/plaza, paramount, and Dynetech go up. Either way, I'm plannin on keepin my home on the east side of town and then selling it later on for a condo in downtown. So Orlando is still my home away from home.

Can't beat a view like that of NYC tho...

Oh yea, and your right, that is LES... or what they call it now... LOHO

A question from a newbie:

For these who were luckly enough to reserve a unit in Vue, what are the terms for the reservation?

1. Is a reservation fee the only cost paid by the buyers before the building is completed? Or does the builder require a certain percentage of the total cost as non-refundable down payment while they build?

2. Is the total price firm at the reservation or can the builder come back and ask for more?

3. What's the penalty on the buyers if they make a reservation but eventually walk away from the deal?

Thanks in advance for any info,

1. You are required 15% down at this point.

2. The price is firm and the builder cannot come back and ask for more.

3. Lose your deposit.

Thanks for the reply. Always wondering how these deals on the high rise condo work. The Vue in my opinion is simply stunning. Very tastfully done.

That was one of the first condo conversions downtown and helped get everything started. It seems like such a waste of space to have a low rise building in one of the most prime spots downtown, but it does keep the view open for taller buildings to be built behind it. Not every new building will be over 30 stories. A great downtown will be created with a mix of buildings and the Met is part of it.

Archived