The Plaza

Tim3167

Hmmm. 4 hours later and the sign has moved up 10-feet.

post-963-1242252379_thumb.jpg

Great pic, but I'm more impressed with the foot traffic.

I'll probably check out Up, & Bruno at this theatre. It will be great to have a theatre I can walk over to. Anyone need a movie buddy?

actually ended up there tonight, like what they've done with it...they pretty much extended what was nypd into what was the cool blue burrito place and made it more a barestaurant....nice menu selection, tonight was a soft opening, food was decent, zeppoles were awesome...nice atmosphere to catch the game tonight, wasnt crazy packed...hope their food improves in taste but overall not too shabby for soft opening

wow, I forgot there were that close to opening... Ben isa great guy... I agree, the NYPD space is so much better now that they opened it up a bit leading into the Underground space... the coolest thing about Underground is where his office is...

the escalators are finally fully operational. There are now 2 large digital screens out in front (probably to list movies & play times).

I rode the escalators up, and the interior seems to be ready to go. Only thing missing is a fully stocked concession and ticket area.

Will take pics soon

^^

Amy Smart is a hottay... that explains the posters at the cinema. I used the elevators to the theatre level and rode the escalators several times before they shut them down again and barricaded them. I'm going to the event tomorrow night...

it looks really nice on the inside. but there is 2 years worth of construction dust caked on the fllor and escalators. The Plaza sign is fully up with the ornamentation flanking it. they were placing movie posters in the marquis' earlier.

its a beautiful thing...

I was at the event. I went to the special showings inside around 8pm. they televised the Magic game from one of the screens that Dyer was at as well. That's where I saw the Magic lose to the Cavs, and where I temporarily lost my cell phone.

I did not see the VIP room, though.

I went last night to see Angels and Demons and had a great time. They will need to perfect the food ordering and delivery (perhaps beepers would help) as you leave your theatre number when you order and the servers try to find you in the dark. There was a group of 4 of us and we had to go to a party after so this was a convient way to catch dinner and the movie. We ordered the Philly Cheesesteak ($8.75) which was very good. It was 3 potato rolls with cheesesteak and peppers served with chips. I was told the meatball sub was hot and delicious. The potato skins were good, but a little cold on the bottom. We had both the 4 cheese and pepperoni pizza that was served hot and good. I orded the italian cheese tray which has about a 4 oz hunk of provalone, a dozen slices of salami, black olives, strawberries, sliced bananas, pineapple and peaches--it was very nicely presented and well worth the $9 price. The ultimate nachos were average. Overall we felt the food was very good quality and the prices were fair. This theatre is the best in central FL.

Edited by FLheat