The Plaza

Tim3167

You also have to consider that all major theaters are now trying to sell their space as business meeting space. It is great for making presentations. Decent amount of seating for keynotes. I forget the name of the company, but there are also live concert and event broadcasts being done in theaters.

I like the way you think... I'm going to be watching you...

Turgeson.jpg

Has anyone seen this place at about 10 or 11 on a weekend night? It is SLAMMED! There are artists painting outside, people milling about, and musicians strumming the guitar. Things are really picking up. I would love to see a national tenant take a second floor space. Crate & Barrel, barnes and noble, borders, gap. Maybe even a national restaurant. anyone else have any ideas?

Florida Music Festival was this weekend, too, so that may be why you saw musicians playing guitar on the sidewalk. The live painting in front of Urban Flats was not part of the FMF, though. It would be nice to have this kind of energy every weekend downtown. Don't forget that the Fringe Festival is going on all this week and weekend coming up.

• 1 month later...

man i wish i had some money...i would turn the formerly known space as cool blue burrito into a pinkberry!

I think they no longer franchise;only company owned now.

I would be happy if ColdStone would stay open more. I don't know when the ARE open; every time I pass they are closed.

Even Vocanoes is closed Sundays

I would be happy if ColdStone would stay open more. I don't know when the ARE open; every time I pass they are closed.

That was the problem with Cool Blue Burrito, they were never open. Guess they thought they would make it by having people slip money under their closed doors for fun.

That was the problem with Cool Blue Burrito, they were never open. Guess they thought they would make it by having people slip money under their closed doors for fun.

Don't they know it's hard to eat Mexican when you're rolling? Maybe they'll open a pacificer and vicks emporium in it's place.

:rofl:

post-8152-1213969622_thumb.jpg

man i wish i had some money...i would turn the formerly known space as cool blue burrito into a pinkberry!

and with Cold Stone seemingly NEVER OPEN, there wouldn't even be any ice cream competition. :lol:

also, noticed a coming soon sign on build out for Bola italian restaurant, it now says, The Black Olive Coming Soon, I belieive.

Anyone know, did this thing change hands or just names?!?

and with Cold Stone seemingly NEVER OPEN, there wouldn't even be any ice cream competition. :lol:

also, noticed a coming soon sign on build out for Bola italian restaurant, it now says, The Black Olive Coming Soon, I belieive.

dnk. but I will look into it. I actually like "Black Olive" better.

I drove by a Bola down on I-drive Friday night and it looked closed, so maybe the 'brand' died.

yea i saw that on their site...but i would surely try and open up a similar store..and at least stay open! ... i agree cold stone has never been open when i wanted an ice cream!! and volcanoes...there is not a coffee shop downtown that stays open late...closest thing is dessert lady

No coffee late night in downtown is a subject that drives me crazy, because I will frequently work until 2, 3, or 4am. I have resorted to takeout coffee at Urban Flats a few times. I would think that the Starbucks at the Grand Bohemian would stay open until at least 10pm when the Lymmo shuts down. I would like to see something like Breakfast Club go 24 hours. Even though the food sucks, I'd even appreciate a Denny's downtown. The IHOP on Summerlin is great, but gets too packed and I also have to get in a car. Volcano's needs to stay open past 7pm. If people are buying coffee until 7pm, I'm sure logic would tell you that people may want coffee until at least 9 or 10. Coffee is like a dessert and if the restaurants around there have dinner patrons, Volcano's should get some traffic. Just my thoughts. I obviously think there is a need. I should probably get a coffee maker for my office and just drop it already. I like to get out of my office every so hours and walk around the block, though, and getting a coffee and a snack is a perfect excuse.

Edited by bulldogger

Hard to say. I went over there one afternoon with my girlfriend hoping to score an ice cream. I think the sign said they are open till 7 or something like that and the girl in there was cleaning and had the door locked around 5:30pm. In the end though, it saved me from spending $10 on 2 ice creams.