Gameday Center | Tallahassee

Florida

Tallahassee Center {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} UPdate

Tallafesta003.jpg

Tallahassee Center seeks visitors to stay a night!

Tallafesta004.jpg

HomeTown Coffee House set to open in 2 weeks. I saw the newspaper stands outside the building so I decided to go inside to check it out. The door was unlocked and there was a pretty looking lady inside with a baby. She seemed surprised when I walked in, but I quickly explained to her who I am and why I was there and she was immediately warm to answer some questions for me. She says they will serve as a lunch stop for downtown employees and residents of the Tallahassee Center, the will also have delicious baked goods, and drinks in addition to their coffee selection.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tallahassee Center {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} UPdate

Tallafesta004.jpg

HomeTown Coffee House set to open in 2 weeks. I saw the newspaper stands outside the building so I decided to go inside to check it out. The door was unlocked and there was a pretty looking lady inside with a baby. She seemed surprised when I walked in, but I quickly explained to her who I am and why I was there and she was immediately warm to answer some questions for me. She says they will serve as a lunch stop for downtown employees and residents of the Tallahassee Center, the will also have delicious baked goods, and drinks in addition to their coffee selection.

:)

Thanks for the update T-man. I'm interested to see how this biz works out and I hope it is for the best. I always thought Cool Grindz made several mistakes w/their place downtown and I hope Hometown doesn't follow that model.

What type of food do they serve? Just pastries etc. or are they gonna do lunch too?

Article published Sep 28, 2007

Kleman Wakes UP to Smell of Coffee

By Will Brown

DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

Tallahassee may not be where Oscar Arenas was born, but the friendly nature of residents is what helps Arenas consider Tallahassee his hometown.

Arenas is celebrating the grand opening of Hometown Coffee House, a downtown coffee house designed to help the downtown community relax from the hustle of work. Hometown is in the Tallahassee Center Condominium on Kleman Plaza.

"My vision is that we'll be a place where people can grab coffee on the way to work and to have coffee breaks in the afternoon," Arenas said.

Born in coffee-rich Venezuela, Arenas moved to the United States in 1978. He and his family arrived in Tallahassee in 1991, when he took a job with the Florida Department of Transportation.

"Coffee in Central and South America is part of the culture," Arenas said. "Every street you go (down), there is someone making coffee or there is a coffee shop on the corner."

Source: Tallahassee Democrat Online

• 5 months later...

Tallahassee Center To Open Wine Bar & Restaurant

Construction has already begun on the restaurant and martini bar going in on the Ground floor! This is an exciting development as we are starting to see businesses occupy the ground floor retail spaces of our recently built Mixed-used buildings downtown. Passing through the facility last night I inquired about the nature of the construction going on the retail areas of the building and I was told that we can expect the project to be complete within a month and the restaurant/bar to be operational by April! I look forward to giving you more details on this as they become available. UrbanPlanet{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Tallahassee beats "them" to it once again! :P

"Florida"

• 3 weeks later...
photo-7.jpg

This is a pic of the restaurant today. They plan to open in May (so I expect to see it open in July). The name is in fact "One 'oh' One". The Mint Lounge is on the side facing college ave, and the restaurant is on the opposite side of the lobby, next to the League of Cities. It is big. One of them is or has a Martini Bar, the Mint Lounge I think, even though the logo for One O One has the olive in it.

Question:

How do you all feel about these window treatments for the Tallahassee Center retailers?

Tallafesta004.jpg

photo-5.jpg

They're not working for me and I'm wondering if I'm the only one. We need neon lights or something more attractive than these to attract people to these establishments.

Question:

How do you all feel about these window treatments for the Tallahassee Center retailers?

Tallafesta004.jpg

photo-5.jpg

They're not working for me and I'm wondering if I'm the only one. We need neon lights or something more attractive than these to attract people to these establishments.

Yes indeed... some color would be agreat help to the nightlife vibe of the plaza. If one of the adjacent blocks was developed to interact with kleman aswell, that would rock. Hopefully, we can connect it better to adams... That would be nice indeed. The hike up the alley is just that.

Archived