Charlotte-Douglas Airport (CLT) Expansion

uptownliving

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any info on the light plane that had breaking issues around 7pm this even on Charlottes Runway near the Military base and cargo apron. We were second in line for take off when the annoucement was made. We had to switch to the cross-field runway and departed from it.( I was not aware it was long enough for a 757-200 to depart from.) This was the first i have ever departed from that runway.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a recently added youtube video that someone took of Lufthansa 742s at Clt that was doing a Fra-Clt-Iah-Clt-Fra flight 3x a week in the early 90s........Enjoy

I took that flight a number of times to Frankfurt r/t. Back half was configured for cargo. It was a great flight, good service, roomy even in coach.

I remember one time we came in on 23 and hit so hard that overhead bins opened and even a couple of oxygen masks came down.

There is no comparison. They're FAR superior to American carriers.

I heartily agree. My main preference is United, but to Europe I fly Lufthansa when possible - for their service and the efficiency of connections (United adds a stop). There are other carriers with more luxury, but I'll take consistency and efficiency any day.

If only each recent experience on US Airways wasn't so dreadful I would choose them and get fewer stops. As it is I have gone as far as changing planned vacation schedules and paying more for a Lufhansa seat, or adding a connection in ORD or even IAD (not a very nice connection airport) to avoid US.

Oh, and Munich's airport is great. Much nicer than Frankfurt, if with a few less connection choices.

^ What amenities does Lufthansa offer compared to US? And do they charge extra for 2 checked luggage items? I'm studying abroad this upcoming semester in Maastricht, the Netherlands, so I'm flying into Munich and then to Brussels.
No charge for luggage under 50 lbs. (same as US Airways international). Free headphones, free liquor and wine, better food, better inflight entertainment, more attractive (and youthful) flight attendants.

I'm flying Charlotte to Munich in a couple of weeks. I've never flown Lufthansa before, so this should be quite an experience. How does it compare to American carriers, and how is the route?

Like cars, I find the foreign ones to be much better. I always fly British Air, Virgin, Lufthansa, or Iceland Air. The most uncomfortable flights were on Delta previously. On domestic flights, Jet Blue or Airtran are just fine. Lufthansa is really nice.

^ What amenities does Lufthansa offer compared to US? And do they charge extra for 2 checked luggage items? I'm studying abroad this upcoming semester in Maastricht, the Netherlands, so I'm flying into Munich and then to Brussels.

While in Maastricht, visit Utrech, my favorite inland Dutch city. It is only 20 kilometers from Amsterdam and much more Dutch. I am at the point in my life where I only go to Amsterdam to have an Indonesian meal. You are a lucky person to get to study in Holland. They are the best people on earth (besides Charlotteans). Oh yea, try to make it to Brugge. It was always my favorite get away from London. Now I have a strong urge for fries with mayonaise on top and Mussels.