The Hillsborough (Reynolds Tower)

monsoon

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully they'll reair it tonight - I'll have to set the DVR.
You could tell somebody faxed these pictures, to Wtvd news,it was very last minute reporting and sombody wanted to keep it off the radar until tuesday, until the council meets ,I could be wrong, but it also could be the Centro blvd project, because they never mentioned the 25 story scraper by name just that it is planned for Hillsbrough street. but I got the impression that it was the Reynolds Tower,but when you see it, in my opinon it will be a breath of fresh air because it's very different, from what's going up on our skyline now.I could tell you that ,even with the black and white pictures. :yahoo:

The report on the website mentions that it's across from the Clarion Hotel.

You were right at first RALBOI - that's the Reynolds project.

Interestingly, there's an item on the council agenda for tomorrow about Ted Reynolds & Co wanting to buy 301 Hillsborough from the city. (All he has a contract on so far is 309.) Anyone care to guess when this will come up in discussion?

Cheers to WTVD for scooping the story; now share it with us!

That's because their puck coverage amounts to talking to low lifes with web pages complaining about the lack of city leadership on partying! :D
Yeah, but you have to give them some credit,because somebody leaked this information,you could tell by the lack of info on the report,at least they did provide some info,I wish they would put those pictures up on their website. :)

I really hate that I missed the WTVD story on these projects. It sounds like the design of the Reynolds building is nice. I have to admit that I am disappointed that it is not pushing 30 floors. Hopefully a picture will float around later today.

I am pleased to see that the Lafayette was pushed up to 21 floors. That should have a huge impact on the skyline due to its location. Along with site 1, this corner should look pretty dang stacked!

So wait -- I'm confused... are we talking about two towers here or two potential towers in the same location and just one will happen?

I'm under the impression that both of these will happen if they get the preliminary approval today. They are two different sites, the first being Reynolds on Hillsborough and the second at Site 4 near the convention center. It sounds like both developers are serious and will definitely go through with development.

Oh! I've gotcha now.

Reynolds tower sounds like it's gonna be a lot smaller than we'd hoped.

By about 7 floors...but the investor who Reynolds was courting wanted larger floors. What can you do? They were under the gun to find a tenant and had to work with what they had. On the positive side, it appears that the size of the project was not scaled back, only the floor count. I'm sure 25 floors will look good on that part of the skyline.

By about 7 floors...but the investor who Reynolds was courting wanted larger floors. What can you do? They were under the gun to find a tenant and had to work with what they had. On the positive side, it appears that the size of the project was not scaled back, only the floor count. I'm sure 25 floors will look good on that part of the skyline.

Oh, ok, good. To be honest height, not the floor count, is what I really care about.

I've got to learn to type faster. Looks like Avery beat me to this response. Whats new.

Sounds like both projects are a go. In the N&O story it says that the Reynolds scaled back the height of the building because they found an institutional investor (not tenant) to buy the office component of the tower but they wanted larger floors. So the sqft of the building didn't change much but unfortunately the height did. I'm still excited that the building is a go. It will be a great addition to our skyline and hopefully the final design will be everything we are hoping for.

Very excited about the size and design of the Lafayette. Has a real Miami chic look. Seems like it is similar in design to the proposed CAM project.

Go Raleigh! Go Canes!

Awesome!!! :yahoo:

First the Canes win the cup and we get some L-O-N-G awaited news on Reynolds Tower and the Layfayette nearly doubles in size!!!

The tower's height was scaled down after the investor asked for bigger floors, something companies like because they can operate more efficiently, Reynolds said.

So the floors are larger in area with the same overall bldg sf, so there are fewer floors. Thats really OK, because I like the idea of RBC being the tallest DT anyway, and honestly 25 stories and ~700k sf in HUGE for that location IMO. I can't wait to see the designs.

Nothing new to report after watching the city council meeting :(

$70 million, 25 story project. No images were made available to the public :(

The council did vote unanimously to allow the purchase of the adjacent property to 301 Hillsborough to the Reynolds family to go forward with the project. Meeker is excited about it and thinks it will really tie in the west end of downtown to the Fayetteville Street area and will spur additional developments.

Archived