The Hillsborough (Reynolds Tower)

monsoon

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By about 7 floors...but the investor who Reynolds was courting wanted larger floors. What can you do? They were under the gun to find a tenant and had to work with what they had. On the positive side, it appears that the size of the project was not scaled back, only the floor count. I'm sure 25 floors will look good on that part of the skyline.
I saw the Tower in black and white photo's,the huge square shaped crown makes up for the lack or scaled back height to some degree.

Lets hope this isn't another box!
Bad news ,it's a box,but the good news is ,it's a good looking box trust me,it's different very commanding looking even at 25 stories tall. I know commanding looking is a odd word to describe a building, but that's what comes to my mind unless those wore old renderings of the 32 story tower.

I would assume this is the rendering (courtesy of Raleigh MSA.com):

DSC_2516m.jpg

It's boxy, but I like it! Looks like retail, then hotel, then office, then condos.

It's it amazing that this project has been discussed for 5 years, and we've discussed it here at UP for at least a year or two, and finally to see an actual rendering is exciting! Now we need Blvd Centro to build their condos at Hillsborough/Glenwood, and we'll have a real western DT gateway and connection between the DT core and Glenwood South.

:D

I would assume this is the rendering (courtesy of Raleigh MSA.com):

DSC_2516m.jpg

It's boxy, but I like it! :D Looks like retail, then hotel, then office, then condo...

It's it amazing that this project has been discussed for 5 years, and we've discussed it for at least a year or two, and finally to see an actual rendering is great!

That's it!!!,it's a sexy box just like I said!!! :wub:

Nice to see some real architectural variety popping up in Raleigh. This tower looks like a modern, interpretation of 1960s international style (which - I don't know about you guys - doesn't look nearly as ugly to me as it used to, for some reason).

The most important thing about this building, is the streetscape, and I'm a little bit concerned that it won't be very friendly, but honestly this rendering is too small to tell what's what.

Nice to see some real architectural variety popping up in Raleigh. This tower looks like a modern, interpretation of 1960s international style (which - I don't know about you guys - doesn't look nearly as ugly to me as it used to, for some reason).

The most important thing about this building, is the streetscape, and I'm a little bit concerned that it won't be very friendly, but honestly this rendering is too small to tell what's what.

I agree, orulz. I can't tell from the rendering, but there is so much potential for a crown to be lit up well at night! 25 stories is acceptable for that location (though 32 would be nice).

Let's wait until there are more details, though, with regard to the streetscape.

I really like the design of this building! Hopefully the base of the structure is against the street instead of removed from the street as it appears. Thats probably just because of rendering though.

Ok photoshop guys, add this building in the skyline what will Raleigh look?

I really like the design of the building. It is certainly unique looking and doesn't look like anything in Raleigh thus far. It has a simple elegance to it. It appears that it is quite tall even at 25 stories due to its design. The decorative crown looks like it adds a good 5 floors to it and there appears to be a spire of some sort on top of it. I am curious as to how tall this building will be.

I've thought the same thing lately. Ask me 5 years ago what I thought about a 1960's building and I would not have been overly joyed. For whatever reason, I really like this style now. It looks like something you would find in Europe to me.

Has anyone thought to count the number of cranes on the skyline in late 2007? I'm thinking about 12 or so. This building is going to look nice on the skyline, and it may block the hideous clarion (thank goodness). I really would like to see it from the side, it looks like there's a cool angled feature there.

Archived