THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

On 9/20/2023 at 1:40 PM, orlandocity87 said:

Somehow ended up on MapQuest for the first time in a decade. I was surprised to see that their satellite images are much more recent than Google or Bing, showing some progress in Creative Village and Lake Nona. 

downtown1.PNG

downtown2.PNG

nona1.PNG

I didn't know Mapquest still existed.  Great images.  What's the yellow-roof building at Lake Nona?

29 minutes ago, codypet said:

Ok I don't hate the black spine, but I hate the white pyramids.

yeah, I dislike them too.  I just don't get it.  White tops and visors on Orlando towers? First they paint 55W a blueish palette because of, I presume, Truist Tower (CSP1), to match.  Now, Old Suntrust is replacing aqua with bronze, which matches 55W's crest.  I like it, but, white pyramids, which aren't bone white, mind you, rather, some sort of cream color.  If you vantage it from 408 with Lincoln Tower in the foreground, you see that it's one pyramid is in fact a bone white tint.  Old Suntrust's pyramids look like primer paint, and the problem is that the glass up there is tinted blue, not bronze, so, it's kind of disjointed.  And for an SOM building, that is a rarity. 

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, orlandocity87 said:

Why does this look so home-made 😬 It's like somebody gave me and my dad $1,000 and a weekend to "just figure something out for that corner."

The word that came to mind for me was "cheesy".  

I'm thinking that for $1,000 they could've built three of those things. 

12 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

The turf is going to become a very attractive spot for our furry friends to do their business. 

I think using artificial turf is a mistake for such a large flat area (vs a small accent area) and the ripples look terrible. After a nice rain it will probably retain some water. Can't imagine what kind of bacteria will begin to breed in the material 🤢

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

I think using artificial turf is a mistake for such a large flat area (vs a small accent area) and the ripples look terrible. After a nice rain it will probably retain some water. Can't imagine what kind of bacteria will begin to breed in the material 🤢

Not to mention the haphazard edges especially along the back side.

They should also put up some kind of visual barrier or backdrop across the back to block off the view of that ugly wall. 

8 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Not to mention the haphazard edges especially along the back side.

They should also put up some kind of visual barrier or backdrop across the back to block off the view of that ugly wall. 

I think they should put rows of planter boxes along the whole perimeter with a few openings for ingress/egress on Orange Ave and/or Pine St.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nite owℓ said:

I think they should put rows of planter boxes along the whole perimeter with a few openings for ingress/egress on Orange Ave and/or Pine St.

I agree that would look good, but possibly might not be within their budget. 

Even what I proposed might stretch their finances, but would probably be considerably cheaper.