THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

27 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Bringin' the goods!!! :thumbsup:

Yeah. The least of their problems.  

somebody filmed the "controlled fall," but News 9 was flying a chopper...or at least I thought it was Eyewitness News...I didn't see any posted videos, but definitely there will be something out there later on...

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, codypet said:

The closure fees and the unaccounted for cranes and demo at this point have to exceed the original cost of painting this right?

Very likely.

Their insurance company will probably negotiate a settlement with all parties, but still take a hit. 

Rate increases will pay for it.  

3 hours ago, codypet said:

The closure fees and the unaccounted for cranes and demo at this point have to exceed the original cost of painting this right?

This actually wasn't the painting job. I mistook it for that. It was facade and reno of the adjacent building where they previously proposed punching out openings in the facade for residential conversion.  I believe it changed from residential, but is not the 200 SOA (tallest building) painting. The painters are hanging from window-washing type man-lifts, not scaffolding.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

This actually wasn't the painting job. I mistook it for that. It was facade and reno of the adjacent building where they previously proposed punching out openings in the facade for residential conversion.  I believe it changed from residential, but is not the 200 SOA (tallest building) painting. The painters are hanging from window-washing type man-lifts, not scaffolding.  

Yeah, I wondered about that...why they needed scaffolding to paint when they didn't for the tower

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

Screenshot-20230822-084354.jpg

Screenshot-20230822-084423.jpg 

Screenshot-20230822-084512.jpg

I was gonna post but got distracted by Trump's imitation of Uncle Sam...

Did they stop work on Society?  I haven't noticed any movement in several weeks now...  that being said, I think I can make out lights in that pedestal....

19 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Did they stop work on Society?  I haven't noticed any movement in several weeks now...  that being said, I think I can make out lights in that pedestal....

19 hours ago, codypet said:

I too noticed work seemingly stop

Any way it could have something to do with the scaffolding fiasco? 

Maybe trucks couldn't get in and out?  

2 hours ago, codypet said:

They should still be able to use Robinson to Hughey and Garland.

So basically, this being Orlando and all, we may well be looking at the project sitting there stalled and unfinished for the next three or even five years....?

That would figure.  <_<  :unsure: 

On 8/25/2023 at 3:41 PM, jrs2 said:

It looks like the exterior work is done from the photo except the grills that are missing. At this stage, all work will be finishing out units. 

When is is expected to open? 

59 minutes ago, jack said:

It looks like the exterior work is done from the photo except the grills that are missing. At this stage, all work will be finishing out units. 

When is is expected to open? 

I think (and hope) that they're going to cover those skinny looking, bare concrete columns with some type of precast panels or cladding to enhance their appearance and increase their size and "beefiness".

Would be nice if they'd use some kind of marbled material.  

21 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I think (and hope) that they're going to cover those skinny looking, bare concrete columns with some type of precast panels or cladding to enhance their appearance and increase their size and "beefiness".

Would be nice if they'd use some kind of marbled material.  

Not sure of the material but something will be done to the columns. A wrap, paint, stucco, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...