Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, InTheYear2000 said:

Take a look at the Axios Charlotte Facebook post, it's a predictable dumpster fire. 

I mean, there were a few people on their Instagram post that said things like "What happened to the DQ?" so I wouldn't trust all their readers to be too up-to-date on things.

1 hour ago, Bruco72 said:

Largely negative social media reaction, which at first was surprising, but then I remembered the outrage over losing the giant suburban parking lot across the street (that you can’t even park in), and then I was less surprised. 

Can't think of a more exciting tenant for this iconic space tbh... I'm stoked!

I recall when the Beaver was photographed surrounded by that multi story building it was shared worldwide and mentioned especially in England, as it had a "Pub survives the millenium development" look. Further discussion online says that he was unnoticed and the patrons on the right of the photo had floor tickets and knew nothing of him until today.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RANYC said:

Sounds like a lovely town and neighborhood you all have got there.  Truly, Charlotte’s got a lot.

Just ironic that while this P-M parking lot has become such a wasteland complete with missing front doors and signs of theft, there's still so much resistance (at least on social media) to the massive investment Crosland Southeast is making in its transformation.  The missing doors are just a small sign of the alternate and continuing reality that would exist if this were allowed to be just another suburban strip mall past its prime.  Thank God it isn't, and instead, is in the orbit of some developer's great ambitions.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RANYC said:

Just ironic that while this P-M parking lot has become such a wasteland complete with missing front doors and signs of theft, there's still so much resistance (at least on social media) to the massive investment Crosland Southeast is making in its transformation.  The missing doors are just a small sign of the alternate and continuing reality that would exist if this were allowed to be just another suburban strip mall past its prime.  Thank God it isn't, and instead, is in the orbit of some developer's great ambitions.  

You understand that this isn't weird or rare at all once demolition fencing goes up, right?  Its just people going into the buildings to look for scrap copper or anything else they can salvage before the building gets torn down.  The demolition contractor likely didn't even bother locking the doors.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CTiger said:

You understand that this isn't weird or rare at all once demolition fencing goes up, right?  Its just people going into the buildings to look for scrap copper or anything else they can salvage before the building gets torn down.  The demolition contractor likely didn't even bother locking the doors.

Was thinking fencing goes up before demolition to keep wanderers off and to secure the property...

Edited by RANYC