River House Condominiums

GRCentro

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's something a little different - the Bridgewater site back in 1987, part of a historic documentation of the old Bridge Street Bridge:

089217pr.jpg

"S - U - Double L - I... V-A-N's spell Sullivan's!"

Great pics sparky! Sadly, the skyline in that last picture looks pretty much the same, except for the missing convention center.

This is a terrible pic, other than showing how tall River House looks.

2757010624_5af9b21868.jpg

2757011766_f4209e7fa2_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's okay, since we'll have one going up at Gallery soon, I imagine. The HDVCH crane should be raising up soon too, shouldn't it?

Probably not until later this year, early next (I would imagine based on other projects).

Here's RH today:

2868004365_5088f66f5b_b.jpg

I would assume they have this thing locked into position so the back end doesn't swing and hit the glass.

2868005669_20cc21d44a_b.jpg

Speaking of rivers, look at that swollen bank:

2868835154_7a1016ec75_b.jpg

:cry: Sad to see the crane go away after 2 years of it dominating the skyline. However we've got a beautiful skyscraper taking shape thanks to the crane. I heard its being taken back to its home in Oregon to be refurbished for its next job.

Two years? I need to buy a new calendar!

I hope no one minds me posting some more out of date pictures from last Tuesday:

2877880746_c2862786aa_b.jpg

2877123447_cbfdce6afa_b.jpg

2880715852_52cc5e756c_b.jpg

33 units on MLS and some on craigslist for sale. 224k starting price. I'll be surprised if majority of loans

close in Nov. Credit crunch is harder on new construction multi unit buildings, and being located in the highest state for economic downfall can only add to matters. RH staff acts as if their purchase agreements are binding done deals. They never mention only having 3% down payments, which is easy to walk away from, and far from being real deals. If approved, consider making 3 payments each month including:

1. mortgage payment

2. high maintenance fee

3. hidden parking fees

To make matters worse, I heard the taxable value is going to be high.

33 units on MLS and some on craigslist for sale. 224k starting price. I'll be surprised if majority of loans

close in Nov. Credit crunch is harder on new construction multi unit buildings, and being located in the highest state for economic downfall can only add to matters. RH staff acts as if their purchase agreements are binding done deals. They never mention only having 3% down payments, which is easy to walk away from, and far from being real deals. If approved, consider making 3 payments each month including:

1. mortgage payment

2. high maintenance fee

3. hidden parking fees

Most of those listings are Greenridge Realty's, the broker that now sells River House. They've said multiple times the building isn't sold out, so it makes sense that they would list some of the available units on GRAR. But it will take probably a few years to absorb them all in the current market.

Most of those listings are Greenridge Realty's, the broker that now sells River House. They've said multiple times the building isn't sold out, so it makes sense that they would list some of the available units on GRAR. But it will take probably a few years to absorb them all in the current market.

A good portion of Greenridge Realty's River House listings are in fact, people with low 3% down reservations, trying to sell through Greenridge. This strategy makes the property look more attractive, without having appearance of a number of other brokers besides Greenridge, which would in turn, show a large number of people looking to get out. These Greenridge listings make it appear as unsold inventory.

1. mortgage payment

2. high maintenance fee

3. hidden parking fees

What do you mean 'hidden parking fees'? I have a family member buying a unit there and we negotiated 2 parking spaces plus a garage in the initial purchase agreement.

What do you mean 'hidden parking fees'? I have a family member buying a unit there and we negotiated 2 parking spaces plus a garage in the initial purchase agreement.

Now you know why I say "hidden". Negotiated? Each unit all ready comes with 2 LEASED spots. The two spots that they heavily promote, are in fact only leased, and not owned. The lease payment for 2 spots after 5 years will be at least another $200 per/mo., on top of mortgage payment, and condo maintenance fees. If your lucky enough to own at least one spot, which the majority of people don't, because they were selling around 27k, there's still is a monthly parking maintenance fee you'll have to pay along with your condo maintenance fees.

No way around making 3 total monthly payments.

It makes you wonder, why don't they make any mention of parking fees on there website, when they show "savings" chart, on how much is saved living there?

Archived