River House Condominiums

GRCentro

Probably wouldn't be a problem if you hadn't have asked the same question *6* times! We're not on the marketing team and Riverhouse's website is TERRIBLE. Doesn't surprise me that they missed a line item on there (I'm sure theres more line items that could be added for home ownership also). At the price these condos are going for, I don't think a typical customer is going to turn away from an extra $200 / month, ESPECIALLY someone who is more accustomed to 'big city' living and is used to paying MUCH more a month for parking...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Dad, I thought, asking why monthly parking costs are not shown on RH "savings" website chart, was an appropriate question.

It is an appropriate question, to ASK THEM, instead of passive-aggressively asking the question over and over again on a forum that they may or may not ever read. 9 times out of 10, when people take this track on this forum, it turns out they are either a competitor, or someone who has some vendetta against the other party (to which we will not play a part).

Plus, you have no idea whether InSecurity works on River House's staff. Maybe he/she just read the contract.

It is an appropriate question, to ASK THEM, instead of passive-aggressively asking the question over and over again on a forum that they may or may not ever read. 9 times out of 10, when people take this track on this forum, it turns out they are either a competitor, or someone who has some vendetta against the other party (to which we will not play a part).

Plus, you have no idea whether InSecurity works on River House's staff. Maybe he/she just read the contract.

I do not work for River House or Grooters, I'm just someone that purchased a condo in the building and plan on living there. Anyone that has ever purchased a condo knows that the law requires the buyer to be provided with the Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&R). These documents spell out all of the rules, regulations, and responsibilties pertaining to the condo units. The documents also include the developers responsibilties and all of the normal legal stuff that is provided with the purchase of property. That is where the information came from.

Anyone that has ever purchased a condo knows that the law requires the buyer to be provided with the Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&R). These documents spell out all of the rules, regulations, and responsibilties pertaining to the condo units.

And as someone on the board of a HOA, 95% of people don't read that packet. :shrugs: You sign on the line, it's your responsibility to know what's in there.

Nicely put, I rest my case. :thumbsup:

So because someone is too lazy to read the contract they are about to sign, it is the developers fault? Isn't it time people take responsibility for their actions. Before I sign any contract (a home, a car, employment etc) I make it a point to know what I am getting into. I believe this to be my responsibility to be informed and ask questions and not anyone else. After all I am signing the contract and not everyone else. All the information is there and if it isn't ask for it.

If it matters to anyone, I don't work for River House either. If you have a such an issue, take it up with the River House Team and don't drag it out on here. There isn't anything we can do for your issue with them.

So because someone is too lazy to read the contract they are about to sign, it is the developers fault? Isn't it time people take responsibility for their actions. Before I sign any contract (a home, a car, employment etc) I make it a point to know what I am getting into. I believe this to be my responsibility to be informed and ask questions and not anyone else. After all I am signing the contract and not everyone else. All the information is there and if it isn't ask for it.

If it matters to anyone, I don't work for River House either. If you have a such an issue, take it up with the River House Team and don't drag it out on here. There isn't anything we can do for your issue with them.

Your harsh, demanding tone is apparent. Seems as if, your insecure in your buying decision, which is understandable. Best of luck :rolleyes:

Your harsh, demanding tone is apparent. Seems as if, your insecure in your buying decision, which is understandable. Best of luck :rolleyes:

Wow, when did this thread become a venue for judging others tone, and their personal housing decisions. I am pretty sure this should be about the development, and that is it.

This project will be great for some people, but is obiviously not to your liking Kzoo. You have made that very clear. Most people who own units there have owned them for almost three years, so if they were insecure with their decision, or upset with the management there, they have had plenty of time to change their mind. Nobody posting on here works for RiverHouse, so anyone who has repsonded has only stated their personal views on this project, or parking issues in general. How about we keep it at opinions about the project, let all this go, and move on to other topics.

You don't know jack about me so you can just keep your eye rolling to yourself! If you ever met me, you would know that I am secure in who I am and what I am doing in my life. You are the one that comes across angry and feeling cheated somehow. From you posts here all you want to do is start arguments with other members that don't agree with you. IMO this is not the best interest or the intent of Urban Planet. I don't read every post on UP, but I haven't seen a positive post from you yet or a post in another topic other than in River House. (edit: 14 of 16 posts contained in RH forum) If your goal is to argue and harass people I don't think you will find many willing members on UP.

As smilesgr suggested, lets get back to the topic of the building. Chris Knape has an update on his blog. States closings start on November 3rd with some residents moving in the same day. The exterior supply elevator will be dismantled the following week.

I can't wait to move in. We close mid-November. Mortgage rates took a dive today, so i locked in...

I couldn't be happier with the build-out. Hot Tub already went up and over the building... safely landing on my deck.

KZOO is what we young people call a "hater."

Hate on... my friend. I'll be the one smiling down on you from my 1100 square foot patio on the sixth floor as you drive-by.

RocknSixth

I can't wait to move in. We close mid-November. Mortgage rates took a dive today, so i locked in...

I couldn't be happier with the build-out. Hot Tub already went up and over the building... safely landing on my deck.

KZOO is what we young people call a "hater."

Hate on... my friend. I'll be the one smiling down on you from my 1100 square foot patio on the sixth floor as you drive-by.

RocknSixth

Welcome RocknSixth! I conducted my walk through today and I am very impressed with the quality of work. They (River House and Wolverine) were very helpful with my thoughts and concerns. Honestly the only items on my checklist are merely cosmetic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just noticed that they have redone their website. I also am surprised that I caught their latest development blog from last week.

http://www.riverhousegr.com/

http://www.riverhousegr.com/whats_new/river_house_blog/

~John

Where are the sparkles!?!

This website looks a lot less cheesy than what they used to have.

3118426208_861877d1f9.jpg

Santa was a little early this year. He made a stop at RiverHouse last night. Apparently reindeer don't do vertical glass walls. I offered hot chocolate at this point, but Santa's hands were kind of tied up. He just Ho Ho Ho'ed, complimented the tree and kept right on moving.

Grooters brought in Joe from the Free Beer and Hot Wings show to rappel down with a gift for the Marines and Toys for Tots. It was actually pretty funny. It was about 20 degrees and the wind was cranking. Poor guy.

Received an e-mail from River House yesterday promoting one of the 1,400+ square foot units at $199,900. I don't recall seeing a price this low, especially for those units that are of that size. Is it possible sales are much slower and closings far fewer than we have been led to believe?

There is a corner unit on the seventh floor that has no windows on the East side where all the rest do. It looks at Bridgewater (literally right at the building) and the parking ramp. That is almost for sure this unit that they are advertising.

By the way, I was told at the Santa Event and homeowner party last night that they have 42 closings scheduled for January. That will double ocupancy. I can tell you from experience that there is still lots of finishing going on even on occupied floors, but it is getting done, and it seems like a lot more places are starting to be at a point where they can close.

3118426208_861877d1f9.jpg

Santa was a little early this year. He made a stop at RiverHouse last night. Apparently reindeer don't do vertical glass walls. I offered hot chocolate at this point, but Santa's hands were kind of tied up. He just Ho Ho Ho'ed, complimented the tree and kept right on moving.

Grooters brought in Joe from the Free Beer and Hot Wings show to rappel down with a gift for the Marines and Toys for Tots. It was actually pretty funny. It was about 20 degrees and the wind was cranking. Poor guy.

That was a pretty cool promotional idea. Producer Joe is nuts!

http://www.wgrd.com/stationevents/TabId/37...Santa-Joe-.aspx

There is a corner unit on the seventh floor that has no windows on the East side where all the rest do. It looks at Bridgewater (literally right at the building) and the parking ramp. That is almost for sure this unit that they are advertising.

By the way, I was told at the Santa Event and homeowner party last night that they have 42 closings scheduled for January. That will double ocupancy. I can tell you from experience that there is still lots of finishing going on even on occupied floors, but it is getting done, and it seems like a lot more places are starting to be at a point where they can close.

I saw that unit and it wasn't too bad. it has 13 foot ceilings decent views, obviously you could do a lot better but for 199k it seems to be a steal. It's as high up as you can get and still get the 13 foot ceilings which are great. The biggest downside is one of the bedrooms is not very big and has no windows at all.

Archived