River House Condominiums

GRCentro

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if it's just the camera angles - but this doesn't seem to be as tall of a structure as I thought it was going to be. Probably because talking about this whole time how huge this thing was going to be - but I have yet to see this in person since about 2 months ago..looks like I need to make another trip.

I'm not sure if it's just the camera angles - but this doesn't seem to be as tall of a structure as I thought it was going to be. Probably because talking about this whole time how huge this thing was going to be - but I have yet to see this in person since about 2 months ago..looks like I need to make another trip.

It looks taller in person.

Is there going to be one more setback on the top floors of this thing?

Yes, after the floor they are on now there will be one more setback and than the final two stories.

I guess after this building topped out I'll have to shift my focus to the Devos Children's Hospital & MSU's building since those are the only tall buildings going up right now. Hopefully before those are topped out construction will have moved forward on the Gallery on Fulton and the North Monroe Hotel.

Yes, after the floor they are on now there will be one more setback and than the final two stories.

I guess after this building topped out I'll have to shift my focus to the Devos Children's Hospital & MSU's building since those are the only tall buildings going up right now. Hopefully before those are topped out construction will have moved forward on the Gallery on Fulton and the North Monroe Hotel.

The Children's Hospital should carry you well into 2011, so I think you'll have plenty to photograph for a while. :)

The Children's Hospital should carry you well into 2011, so I think you'll have plenty to photograph for a while. :)

Oh I'll always have things to photograph. I've become kind of a photography addict since I got my new camera a few months ago. :)

I just think it's cool how there has been at least one tall tower under construction since I moved here and it will seem sad when that trend comes to an end.

I agree with tSlater though, I'm one of those assholes who secretly gets happy each time the price of gas increases because I think "This will kill sprawl in its tracks if it keeps on going like this"

Do you eat food?

Gas prices affect us all.

gas prices affect food only minimally compared to the cost of driving though. I think that the gas prices are good as well for the reasons stated previously. before the prices got this high I thought it would be a good idea to heavily tax gasoline, similarly to what happens in europe. I think that gas prices are one of the greatest reasons for the quality of thier cities and conversly the poor state of our cities with the large sprawling suburbs that exist currently.

Do you eat food?

Gas prices affect us all.

Note I said "very little." ;) They do affect me somewhat, as I'm sure as gas prices rise the cost of the bus pass may rise slightly as well, same goes for groceries and goods.. but with bus & bicycle combined, they aren't going to affect me nearly as much as others. Thus, "very little." =]

I work in the food industry. Two years ago we were at 1.80 per case for deliever. Now we are over 2.05. So if you eat it does factor. Granted its effect is minimal but the larger and cheaper the item the more expensive those will get. Plastic is a real double whammy though. Its made of oil and then gets shipped by oil products. Talk about getting soaked.

Back to the topic at hand. I think this building is pretty huge from these photos. Its not like a slender tall building but rather a fairly squat building that still reaches pretty good in the airspace.

Archived