Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

just east of the OCCC-- no billboards that I've seen. I think they have a website. no link, sorry.

you can check out Vista Cay at www.pulte.com. Pulte's the builder.

in all respect-maybe this conversation should be moved to the thread that specifically is asking where we think the Arena should be?! After looking at that thread though-it clearly states there's a gap of $554 Million where Dyer expects/hopes the money will come from Hotel Bed Tax/Magic Owner/private contributions. If a portion of that $554 million comes from the Magic's owner DeVos and the OC hotel taxes, what's the balance and where does it come from? Someone give me a lesson-cause I've always heard differently in other cities when an owner of any professional sports team doesn't want to pay for a new building out of their pockets, they either leave or the city steps up and fronts the money, or should I say the citizens pay for it.

And I agree-why would DeVos let someone else build it since that person will take all the monies-but I'm doing what we all do best - speculating ( :P haha) - why not have a private developer and Devos split the cost so we can use private contributions and OC bed tax monies on other great properties/developments/whatever that we all want or need?????? sorry I always have long replies-I drink way too much coffee.....

Edited by SMR17

you can check out Vista Cay at www.pulte.com. Pulte's the builder.

in all respect-maybe this conversation should be moved to the thread that specifically is asking where we think the Arena should be?! After looking at that thread though-it clearly states there's a gap of $554 Million where Dyer expects/hopes the money will come from Hotel Bed Tax/Magic Owner/private contributions. If a portion of that $554 million comes from the Magic's owner DeVos and the OC hotel taxes, what's the balance and where does it come from? Someone give me a lesson-cause I've always heard differently in other cities when an owner of any professional sports team doesn't want to pay for a new building out of their pockets, they either leave or the city steps up and fronts the money, or should I say the citizens pay for it.

And I agree-why would DeVos let someone else build it since that person will take all the monies-but I'm doing what we all do best - speculating ( :P haha) - why not have a private developer and Devos split the cost so we can use private contributions and OC bed tax monies on other great properties/developments/whatever that we all want or need?????? sorry I always have long replies-I drink way too much coffee.....

Well looking at it from his[Devos] perspective he can go somewhere else and get a new arena kc mo for instance and leave us high and dry.He say he want to say but big money talks.Kansas City would kiss his but to get them to relocate

Well looking at it from his[Devos] perspective he can go somewhere else and get a new arena kc mo for instance and leave us high and dry.He say he want to say but big money talks.Kansas City would kiss his but to get them to relocate

He's not going to KC. If he was going to leave he would have left by now. The Magic have one of the biggest television markets in the country. Keep in mind the Magic games aren't just shown in Orlando, but Tampa, Jax and Tally too. He's not going to leave that for KC.

I went to Rosen's SHingle Creek Resort last night. In a word, it was nice. Big wide lobby concourse; same for the convention concourses as well. well lit at night; nice pool deck; nice retail inside with bars and restaurants.

hats off to Rosen on this one. great addition to ORL's big box inventory.

Here's an attractions update I think you all will find interesting:

1. Westin Imagine--- completing 4th level of tower

2. Shingle Creek-- open now, of course

3. The Pointe-- they are pouring cement with one of those machines with that elbowed apparatus (like at FH South) in the SE most part of the parcel. looks like they are moving forward with construction.

4. Palazzo del Lago, aka Intercontinental-- whoa! heavy activity yesterday right next to their billboard on I-Drive-- looks like they cleared a lot and are placing their construction trailer or sales center for the condo portion. big surprise. quite a few construction trucks were there mid-afternoon.

5. LBV Resort & Spa-- Tower 3, the 15 story monster, is topped off. looks great from I-Drive and, well, any angle.

6. Blue Heron-- Tower 2, which will be over 22 stories tall, is at the 6th or 7th story right now. moving quickly. maybe on the 8th level.

7. Pointe Orlando-- still renovating-- looking better all the time. Capital Grille looks excellent with the landscaping and valet section.

8. US 192-- the widening near Medieval Times to 535 is done. looks great. really makes a difference.

9. Mona Lisa at Celebration-- doing sitework.

10. Regency (at ORl Prem. Outlets)-- level 2 complete (maybe a 12-14 story project

...there's more; I just can't remember them right now.

Edited by JRS1

Now I'm just waiting to hear, "word is, Peabody's moving forward with its expansion."

yeah, aren't we all... hmmm, they go out of their way to announce graoundbreaking on the garage back in the winter, with groundbreaking on the tower for this Fall. well, its almost Fall, and not even the garage yet. At least the Westin is U/C right now and Rosen is just down the street and open.

7. Pointe Orlando-- still renovating-- looking better all the time. Capital Grille looks excellent with the landscaping and valet section.

How is Pointe Orlando coming along? Is it nearing completion, etc? Haven't been over to my favorite boulevard in quite some time, but I was curious about this project. Their website is not too helpful.

How is Pointe Orlando coming along? Is it nearing completion, etc? Haven't been over to my favorite boulevard in quite some time, but I was curious about this project. Their website is not too helpful.

well, they've painted the east side of it. they demolished the arcade building and are building another in its place. redoing the facade everywhere else. new valet section near Cap. Grille-- where FAO was at. still got a lot of work left.

Has as much of a chance of being completed as Mobility 20/20 going back on the ballot

Don't look now, but there's something called "Invest in Orange County", or something to that effect, that appears to be more far-reaching than Mobility 20/20, that I think they want to put on the ballot.

The trailer on the Blue Rose lot now has a huge PCL sign in front of it.

progress.

you know, I can't understand what happened to the Aqua proposal. It was being developed by Unicorp, of Chicago, and was to be financed by LaSalle Natl. Bank of Chicago. it seemed like all the pieces of the puzzle were there, yet, nothing.

Edited by JRS1

progress.

you know, I can't understand what happened to the Aqua proposal. It was being developed by Unicorp, of Chicago, and was to be financed by LaSalle Natl. Bank of Chicago. it seemed like all the pieces of the puzzle were there, yet, nothing.

i was kind of wondering myself-

the last thing i remember hearing was that the leases had to expire or runout for the tenants onsite-they couldn't just kick them out. rumor has it the leases are up very soon???

Unicorp is unraveling.

Definitely. Unicorp is a joke. They have been blacklisted by many leading area lenders (the list continues to grow) because of their horrible project management.

QUOTE(JRS1 @ Sep 20 2006, 02:11 PM)

Unicorp isn't out of Chicago, they're local. Their main offices are over in Dr. Phillips, I believe.

Edited by GRS328

Definitely. Unicorp is a joke. They have been blacklisted by many leading area lenders (the list continues to grow) because of their horrible project management.

Unicorp isn't out of Chicago, they're local. Their main offices are over in Dr. Phillips, I believe.

for some reason, being that Kuhn is from Chi-town, I thought the whole deal was from there too... oh well...

Interesting

Glad to hear it considering I was a supporter of Mobility 20/20 in the 1st place

My bad, it is simply Orange County's budget package which will include $250 million for roads, $35 million for commuter rail, $10 million for sidewalks, money to buy sensitive lands and so forth.