DESTROYED: Providence Fruit & Produce Warehouse

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put me down for I will believe it when I see it. In the meantime my money is that a year from now we will be looking at a nice new parking lot which will extend to a narrower Harris Ave. With the extra land they get from the city they can easily squeeze in 200 more parking spaces making this project more "economically viable".

Wow, there's sooooooo much to comment on in regards to that article.

First off, I hope by "office, retail, and hotel", that they're not planning on some sort of lifestyle-center sort of development (like they did in Cranston). I'm really hoping that they might redeem themselves with something surprising.

Second, I don't trust the vagueness of "frontage" in their reasoning for taking twenty feet of road width. Twenty feet? What kind of "frontage" are we talking about that requires that? An extra wide sidewalk for strolling along the retail fronts? A row of diagnal parking spots? Grass and a couple of trees to hide a bad development? It's hard to have no judgements or expectations with these guys.

Third, I was excited to find out that there really ARE plans to connect Holden street. Yay! I'm sure it won't happen anytime soon, but I'm excited that it's at least a reasonable dream to envision now.

Wow, there's sooooooo much to comment on in regards to that article.

First off, I hope by "office, retail, and hotel", that they're not planning on some sort of lifestyle-center sort of development (like they did in Cranston). I'm really hoping that they might redeem themselves with something surprising.

Second, I don't trust the vagueness of "frontage" in their reasoning for taking twenty feet of road width. Twenty feet? What kind of "frontage" are we talking about that requires that? An extra wide sidewalk for strolling along the retail fronts? A row of diagnal parking spots? Grass and a couple of trees to hide a bad development? It's hard to have no judgements or expectations with these guys.

Third, I was excited to find out that there really ARE plans to connect Holden street. Yay! I'm sure it won't happen anytime soon, but I'm excited that it's at least a reasonable dream to envision now.

It's funny that they are blaming the condition of the building on the state who owned the building for years before they acquired it. Since they acquired it with the proviso to rehab it wouldn't the condition of the building at the time of purchase be the only thing that mattered? Looks more and more like tearing it down has been the plan all along.

none of this matters, it was torn down

move on....

it was a horribly ugly bldg

it was obsolete

what do you do with a computer when its obsolete?

you throw it out and buy another

take a picture

and move on

everyone loves to get on their soapbox!

spend as much time saving and investing your own money

and maybe you will have the chance to buy a bldg like that and do what you want with it someday

then you can go and pat yourself on the back for saving it

100 years from now no one will care AT ALL

put things into perspective

now really isnt as important as now seems

here is some cheese for all that wine...

btw - dont take this too personal, but 90% of you have no clue about architecture

art is not a democracy, if someone wants a clean palate - who are you to vote?

none of this matters, it was torn down

move on....

it was a horribly ugly bldg

it was obsolete

what do you do with a computer when its obsolete?

you throw it out and buy another

take a picture

and move on

everyone loves to get on their soapbox!

spend as much time saving and investing your own money

and maybe you will have the chance to buy a bldg like that and do what you want with it someday

then you can go and pat yourself on the back for saving it

100 years from now no one will care AT ALL

put things into perspective

now really isnt as important as now seems

here is some cheese for all that wine...

btw - dont take this too personal, but 90% of you have no clue about architecture

art is not a democracy, if someone wants a clean palate - who are you to vote?

I've never been disappointed in another Dave before. That tone was totally unnecessary. The next time that a whole group of people sound whiney and weak to you, carefully consider why that is. Instead of thoughtlessly judging them as if their logic is somehow inferior to yours, try to bridge the gap in perspective with some questions to them and yourself. Be polite and non-abrasive in your quest for understanding and you'll learn a lot more. Really, what's the point of being in a discussion when you don't really give a s*** about what people that you disagree with think? You could far more easily sit in front of the mirror all day and agree with yourself. If you feel that you know something that the rest of us don't, teach it to us, don't be a snide prick. I'm not saying that you are one, just be mindful of how you come off. To you, it may seem like you're laying some sort of verbal smack down on a bunch of nonsense. To a lot of others, you just sound angry and ignorant.

Archived