PROPOSED: OneEleven Fountain (Fogarty Bldg.)

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" Right now, we’re considering taking that building down and replacing it with a very powerful ground-floor retail plate that these retailers would like to have. " From what I understand this also includes a parking garage core. But the plans are still rough.

Public thanks to the PBN: http://www.pbn.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/123018

Yes, they are looking to tear down the Fogarty building and replace it with two floors of commercial and 4 or 5 floors of parking above. The building would be connected to the Convention Center by a skybridge. 55 Broadway it would seem is the last peice of the Powerblock they plan to develop, but with MetroLofts off the table, I hope we see 55 Broadway move up he schedule a bit.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, they are looking to tear down the Fogarty building and replace it with two floors of commercial and 4 or 5 floors of parking above. The building would be connected to the Convention Center by a skybridge. 55 Broadway it would seem is the last peice of the Powerblock they plan to develop, but with MetroLofts off the table, I hope we see 55 Broadway move up he schedule a bit.

My goodness, how did I miss this posting. :huh: I just read Cotuit posting in the Downcity Design Review Committee thread. I wonder how much money they've spent so far refurbishing this building. Did they have trouble attracting tenants?

I suppose the garage would also be available for civic and convention center patrons. I know that nobody here likes 111, but I always did, and I have no answers as to why. Maybe I have no taste in buildings. :lol:

Who cares what other people like - it's what you, yourself, like. That's the beauty of an eclectic mix of architectural styles of buildings in a city - something for everyone.

Normally I don't like Brutalism (always hated Boston City Hall growing up) but I could have gone either way with this building. Not sure why either, but I didn't mind it. A new building with more friendly ground floor retail and parking above is a great idea though.

Can't wait to get a rendering and some possible tenants... along with a completion date!

2 for one:

"On Monday November 13 at 4:30 at at the Dept. of Planning and Development, 400 Westminster St, 4th floor, the Downcity Review Committee (DRC) will review the demolition of the old Police/Fire Station at Fountain and Empire St. and the Fogarty Building on Fountain Street. On the agenda is the

The proposal looks like something straight out of "Downtown Providence 1970". Hopefully this is a really preliminary design.

Edit: Looking at the render it looks like it is primarily a parking structure. You can see the slanting floor levels through the mesh.

Archived