POSTPONED: 110 Westminster Street

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got an invitation to that WaterFire function today. I might go, pretend I'm a VIP.

PS: August...? When they announced in February, they said groundbreaking was December!

They still may not start building until November, lots of demo and other site work to do before we see steel.

I got an invitation to that WaterFire function today. I might go, pretend I'm a VIP.

PS: August...? When they announced in February, they said groundbreaking was December!

They still may not start building until November, lots of demo and other site work to do before we see steel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I was very surprised too. Maybe Waterplace had something to do with their moving ahead so quickly. Get their share of the market. I think this will be a very challenging and difficult project because of the space involved, but I'm sure they'll work the logistics out. I was inspecting the area 2 weeks ago trying to figure out how there going to bring all that heavy equiptment in without having to close down the street. There probably won't be any parking on lower Weybosset St during contruction, with probably one lane of travel. RIPTA buses need to get through there also. Glad to see this project come along as planned :D

I love it!!!! i love it!!!! i hope the lighting on the top has that fading blue feature

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It doesn't appear the fading blue is direct lighting, but reflected light :(.

First of all, I give an award to their Photoshop person for putting a sunset in the background of that skyline... That's looking South folks, and the sunset is West... From where that photo is taken, the beautiful sunset in that photo should be somewhere over the Masonic Temple :D . Cute alteration, as long as people don't think they're getting sunsets from being in the back of the building :).

That render certainly does look better. I can't wait!

- Garris

I like it!

With a little bit of work I was able to capture and enlarge the image:

They've also posted an updated aerial:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for posting the images... That's going to be one big building. I like how the concrete/stone on the North side mirrors that of the Bank of America building. Nice touch...

- Garris

The new rendering looks AWESOME! I can't believe how great that is gonna look!!

I like it!

With a little bit of work I was able to capture and enlarge the image:

NewRenderingEnlarged.jpg

They've also posted an updated aerial:

NewAerial.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I cant wait till 110 is built!any new info on it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thus far, just the new rendering above. I think recent articles say they're breaking ground this month.

Did anyone see any 110 info at the Waterfire they sponsored?

- Garris

Thus far, just the new rendering above.  I think recent articles say they're breaking ground this month.

Did anyone see any 110 info at the Waterfire they sponsored? 

- Garris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They had a large tent and party on the westminster street bridge during waterfire. They will do site demolition in early fall and being construction before the end of 2005

Archived