POSTPONED: 110 Westminster Street

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice that "Hartford 21" (440 feet) is billed as the tallest apartment tower in New England. But, Millennium Place in Boston has two towers at 475 and 445 feet. The difference is that the Millenium Place towers are condos with some extended stay suites or hotel rooms. So, the tallest apartment tower is not necessarily the tallest residential tower.

i still firmly believe that OTW will be either 440' or taller... no way that spire is 10 feet shy of 100'

So new england will have to tallest :)

Well, I was just in Providence and was told by a very reliable source the following:

OTW will be 35 floors and 390 feet of occupied floors (the main glass structure housing the condos)

OTW will rise to 430 feet with the two perapets that face the Westminster St side...this is the roof garden access -first level- and equipment enclosure -2nd level -(check out the aireal view on the OTW website)

OTW will have a spire of 90 feet

OTW will have a total height of 520 feet

He further said that the additonal 40 foot sections a anoly partial (they cascade) and are located at the Westimister sidfe of the byuilding so as to project above the existing BOA (1923 tower).

I am a little disappointed but it is not about height, it is about skyline and it will be at great addition to a great skyline.

Just saw a new rendering of 110 in the window of 44 Weybosset (right by the Custom House Tavern & across the street from the 110 site)which is the home of Blue Chip Properties. Its a small poster in the window but shows how it will look from Weybosset with the existing saved facades plus the new one where the pocket park is. The view is similar to one rendering posted above but shows more of the street level.

Just saw a new rendering of 110 in the window of 44 Weybosset (right by the Custom House Tavern & across the street from the 110 site)which is the home of Blue Chip Properties. Its a small poster in the window but shows how it will look from Weybosset with the existing saved facades plus the new one where the pocket park is. The view is similar to one rendering posted above but shows more of the street level.

According to this rendering, the new neo-federal construction does indeed have the loading docks mentioned a while back. There are three large openings across the facade, which seem to have some sort of decorative gates over them.

There are also slight differences in the masonry portion on the left of the tower, and the balconies on the upper part of the glass portion are missing.

Walking from dorence towards Ken. Plaza there is a building right by tommys that is advertising condo for sale, does any one know if that is any one building or just kind of like a real estate office?

Near/on Pine Street? I've seen that before too, it's been there for a long time, and I don't quite know what they are advertising, I guess one could call the number and ask.

I'm just glad that we now have ground broken (WestinII, Waterplace, and counting 110W) on about 450 condos that are worth 300k to about 2 million. Thats an additional 450 to maybe 800 or 900 people living downtown (depending on how many per condo or penthouse) WHO HAVE MONEY TO SPEND!

Is it because OTW is not selling out as expected?

It's actually selling quite well eventhough it will be the last one in. Having said that, with any development project announced - until the shovels go in the ground and (in this case) steel starts going up - the project is not a sure thing. The existing bldgs coming down don't mean much - that land is worth more empty.

Archived