POSTPONED: 110 Westminster Street

These would be the blueprints of the building for budgeting. They represent this point in time and with any building could change. As of right now the building is 520ft to the top of the spire.

I am not willing to disclose my access to the project.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's fine but 35 floors and 520' does not add up. 35 floors equals approx 395'... a spire tower of over 120 feet?!!!! No way.

Either the floors go up to 40-45 or the total height goes down to approx 440'

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fine but 35 floors and 520' does not add up. 35 floors equals approx 395'... a spire tower of over 120 feet?!!!! No way.

Either the floors go up to 40-45 or the total height goes down to approx 440'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea Hartford 21 is only 36 floors in 440 ft and I thought that was a little bit farfetched. But 35 floors in 520 ft??? :whistling: No way

maybe the floor count hasn't been updated yet?? and MAYYYBE.. some floors are human based.. and others are made for wookies and elves and jolly green giants... so the floors would be taller?

Either way.. I wish an official update would be given to the public soon

maybe the floor count hasn't been updated yet??  and MAYYYBE.. so floor are human based.. and others are made for wookies and elves.. so the floors would be taller?

Either way.. I wish an official update would be given to the public soon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea I agree there are so many rumors out- we need some solid updated facts.

35 floors doesn't mean just 35 residential floor to ceiling heights. This building also has a main lobby level (probably soaring heights there) something like 6 stories of parking and then the residrntial begins. That coupled with whatever spire they do could bring it to any height imaginable. What is the big deal with height here? There is no question this will be the tallest building in Providence (if it happens) but really....what is everyone's fascination with this issue? 15 stories, 20, 30 - for Providence - anything is big.

well I tell you I do not provide rumors; my facts are based on a floor by floor blueprint.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think anyone is questioning your facts, there are just a lot of stories (no pun intended) swirling around about this project.

35 floors doesn't mean just 35 residential floor to ceiling heights.  This building also has a main lobby level (probably soaring heights there) something like 6 stories of parking and then the residrntial begins.  That coupled with whatever spire they do could bring it to any height imaginable.  What is the big deal with height here?  There is no question this will be the tallest building in Providence (if it happens) but really....what is everyone's fascination with this issue?  15 stories, 20, 30 - for Providence - anything is big.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think everyones fascination with the issue comes from the fact that this site is a huge message board for urban discussion :)

If this was an AOL message board.. I could see why you would ask that.

;)

and MikePL.. any idea when we might see renderings or update in the paper?

I think everyones fascination with the issue comes from the fact that this site is a huge message board for urban discussion :)

If this was an AOL message board.. I could see why you would ask that.

;)

and MikePL.. any idea when we might see renderings or update in the paper?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

since when does "urban disucssion" revolve solely around building heights? it is indeed exciting someone is building such a tall building in Providence but what's the difference if it's 500' or 520'?

well I tell you I do not provide rumors; my facts are based on a floor by floor blueprint.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No one is questioning your facts... the question is what does the 520 feet mean in terms of the building design...

35 residential plus 6 parking, plus a spiral tower?

35 floors total with a huge spiral tower?

Just trying to add up the numbers to get a picture in the absence of a rendering.

I was told exactly the same as you but have not seen blueprint. Any idea of when that will show up?

35 floors doesn't mean just 35 residential floor to ceiling heights.  This building also has a main lobby level (probably soaring heights there) something like 6 stories of parking and then the residrntial begins.  That coupled with whatever spire they do could bring it to any height imaginable.  What is the big deal with height here?  There is no question this will be the tallest building in Providence (if it happens) but really....what is everyone's fascination with this issue?  15 stories, 20, 30 - for Providence - anything is big.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is the point...it is not about the height but about getting a picture of how it will LOOK to get to 520'

And "for Providence-anything is big" is simply not true. Any 30 story plus building is big for ANY city.

isn't the new freedom tower rendering in the NYC section of UP show a spire that is pretty much 1/5 of the buildings height in itself? AND i love that building.. I support that design

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the building also but still believe that nothing should have been built on this land.

maybe so.. but the building relates to OTW in Prov. because the spire on OTW may supposedly be 1/5 of the actual height of the building.

(we'll find out soon I hope)

When I look at Freedom Tower.. it's spire looked like a ballpark 1/5 of the building.. and I loved that building.. so I don't think I'd be aganist OTW having such a huge spire.

maybe so.. but the building relates to OTW in Prov. because the spire on OTW may supposedly be 1/5 of the actual height of the building.

(we'll find out soon I hope)

When I look at Freedom Tower.. it's spire looked like a ballpark 1/5 of the building.. and I loved that building.. so I don't think I'd be aganist OTW having such a huge spire.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are there any images or plans of what this spire may look like?

The render they have attached to the detailed drawings is the same shown here. The only diffrence is that it is not cropped and much larger. The detailed drawings shows the height of the building however I only read the feet including the spire, 520. I can find how how many feet to the top of the building and also how many floors. I simply did not look before. The drawings also detailed each floor including sqf of units, retail, roof garden, parking and so forth.

Since my move, I do not have internet; so my time posting here has been stark

The spire looked like a simply point, kind of a triangle at the bottom and a spire at the top.

The render they have attached to the detailed drawings is the same shown here. The only diffrence is that it is not cropped and much larger.  The detailed drawings shows the height of the building however I only read the feet including the spire, 520. I can find how how many feet to the top of the building and also how many floors. I simply did not look before. The drawings also detailed each floor including sqf of units, retail, roof garden, parking and so forth.

Since my move, I do not have internet; so my time posting here has been stark

The spire looked like a simply point, kind of a triangle at the bottom and a spire at the top.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, Mikepl- we are all eager to know the number of floors OTW will have.

Is there a picture I'm not able to see? If I can't what do I have to do? Thanx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know I have problems seeing pictures sometimes b/c i use firefox, and then I just simply go into IE and then i can see them.

(am i the only firefox user who has that problem?)

(am i the only firefox user who has that problem?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I never have that problem. There is a rule in preferences (?) in Firefox that limits photos to only those served by the page (it's a way to cut back adverts). If that's chosen you may not see many photos here.

Archived