North Hills / Midtown area developments

DigitalSky

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Here is Kane's annual North Hills Midtown report you can download your copy here

2020 Year End Review & 2021 Outlook - North Hills (visitnorthhills.com)

I almost forgot about all the development to be started on the JC Penney site that in itself is impressive and when you add the 35 story Walter tower underway and now the start of NHID it is mind blowing.  

Kane has been so successful with his developments he can do whatever he pretty much wants, and get the financial backing to do so.

• Like 3

On 1/30/2021 at 1:46 PM, KJHburg said:

drive bys through North Hills and Midtown.  the 35 story Walter apartment tower is up to 17/18th floor so still a good ways to go.  Finished Advance Auto Tower.   Incredibly dense suburban mixed use development.  

IMG_2129.JPG

IMG_2130.JPG

IMG_2131.JPG

IMG_2132.JPG

IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_2137.JPG

IMG_2139.JPG

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

IMG_2138 (2).JPG

North Hills looks like an actual city in that shot.  Once the Midtown Exchange is built, this area will be VERY nice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

North Hills looks like an actual city in that shot.  Once the Midtown Exchange is built, this area will be VERY nice.

Correction. It's already very nice. Once Midtown Exchange is fully built it will be off the hook.

I'd like to see more highrise development ITB along 440 between Lake Boone Trail and Wake Forest Rd.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, carolina1792 said:

Once the Capitol Blvd 'boomerang' gets redeveloped it will be a continuous strip of development from Downtown Raleigh to Midtown East to Midtown/North Hill.  Add south Downtown Raleigh development (Park South and other Dix Park area projects) and Downtown South to the mix as well. 

Don't get me wrong, i'm overly excited for all the planned development in the city. I also believe there are other big developments yet to be announced.

I received another letter from the law firm handling the Highwoods purchase of land on Hargett St the other day. There is another hearing scheduled on their zoning request.  I can not wait to see renderings of what they are proposing. If I attend the meeting i'll try to get details. I get the feeling that it will exceed expectations as far as height and architecture goes.

• Like 3

^^ not late keep the photos up so much in going on in the entire Triangle there should be people posting photos everyday.  I only get up there once every few months but maybe more frequent once my cousin moves into her house in the twin cities of Holly Springs Fuquay Varina. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 7:47 PM, carolina1792 said:

Once the Capitol Blvd 'boomerang' gets redeveloped it will be a continuous strip of development from Downtown Raleigh to Midtown East to Midtown/North Hill.  Add south Downtown Raleigh development (Park South and other Dix Park area projects) and Downtown South to the mix as well. 

All of it in  isolated pods accessible only by car.  The anything-but-car access to North Hills....stinks.  

Great shots @Firejudyrose

Interesting perspective @SydneyCarton

I find Southpark to feel more like a district/neighborhood and be more organic than North Hills which is and feels like a development, but I think North Hills is a better experience and more walkable. I think both are fairly nice faux-urban places which add something valuable to their respective cities. And both are far superior to Ballantyne, IMO.

• Like 4