Downtown Jacksonville

bobliocatt

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a Gold's Gym, unless there is a World's Gym opening DT too. They should be opening at the end of August. But they also said they would be opening at the end of June and at the end of July. Supposedly they will have a juice/smoothie bar and a sandwich shop. Whether those are only accessible to members is not known.

More info about the Loop restaurant going in on Adams.

The owners, one who stays in 11 East, plan for the restaurant to become a neighorhood hangout. The 5,000sf restaurant will serve beer & wine, have a happy hour, a full-service coffee bar and will be open for dinner. This location will also be the first in the chain to feature a modern interior design intended for an urban environment. Let's just hope they have the sight to include outdoor dining on the sidewalk.

The Loop coming to Northbank

Does anyone have a copy or link to the Police and Fire Pension Fund report on the Laura Trio?

The report was referenced in today's Daily Record:

"The Police and Fire Pension Fund has produced a comprehensive report about the Laura Trio. The report includes an 18-page introduction and 20 chapters worth of exhibits. The Fund is working with the City to secure funding to refurbish the Bisbee Building, the Florida Life Building and the Marble Bank Building."

Anyone care to take a stab at how much the pension fund has spent on doing reports about reports ...

Starting to feel like "Office Space" in that they seem to have meetings about having meetings.

Sorry, jsut hear a lot of talk, but no action...

Cheers

Jax Nole brought up and interesting news item a couple pages back, that got lost in the discussion about Adams street ...

The Hilton will be rebranded as a Crowne Plaza. Does anyone have any thoughts or comments on this? Good news, bad news, or not a big deal?

Though I consider myself well travelled, I'm ashamed to say that I've never heard of the "Crowne Plaza" chain (despite its apparent 92 locations). Is it a step up or down from a Hilton? Just judging by their respective websites, it looks like a bit of a downgrade.

Re: Crowne Plaza

I work in the hotel industry, and I have mixed thoughts on the Hilton becoming a Crowne Plaza. In one aspect, I think the name and logo may jazz up the building, if placed right. And, it will be nice to see a new brand in Jacksonville.

On the other hand, Jacksonville is now Hiltonless. Every major city has a Hilton. Crowne Plaza is along the lines of a Radisson or Clarion. It would be nice if it were to change over to a Doubletree or something along those lines... and then have Hilton and Westin build a tower elsewhere downtown. I don't know, just a mixed bag I suppose.

Another restaurant planned for Adams Street

An article in this week's Biz Journal, mentions that the former owners of Gus & Company Shoe and Luggage Repair, are considering opening a new restaurant at the former Gene's Sandwich Shop on West Adams.

According to Debbie Kounoupas, the restaurant will offer a buffet with Greek & Italian food. Let's hope they include outdoor dining.

Another restaurant planned for Adams Street

An article in this week's Biz Journal, mentions that the former owners of Gus & Company Shoe and Luggage Repair, are considering opening a new restaurant at the former Gene's Sandwich Shop on West Adams.

According to Debbie Kounoupas, the restaurant will offer a buffet with Greek & Italian food.  Let's hope they include outdoor dining.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've never had Greek food... what do they do? Chicken, noodles?

More Auchter updates ... just posted by them recently, but they are from two weeks ago.

I keep on debating whether to put the Fidelity stuff in the Brooklyn or Riverside threads, so I'm just putting it here this time.

Fidelity is on the 7th floor. But what are those steel frames in the corner? Is that construction on an 8th and 9th floor, or merely the elevator shaft on top of the future 8th? Hard to tell with that rumor of an "expansion." Has anyone been by the site in the past day or so?

fnf082505o3.jpg

I love this angle because you can see Strand, SMP, and what looks like actual foundation work on the Peninsula. I really hope Peninsula will be very vertical well before they top off Strand.

strand082505n2.jpg

Archived