Downtown Jacksonville

bobliocatt

I decided to throw together a map of downtown jax development projects. I didn't get around to numbering the projects, but I figure most of you will already know which ones are which, anyway. But I still think it's neat to see this kind of visual.

googlemap-projects.jpg

Green = Under construction or very recently completed.

Blue = Proposed

Red = Proposals that are on hold / delayed / tied up in something

I decided to be optimistic and put the library site as "proposed' since something will hopefully go there soon one way or another. I didn't include the Greenleaf rennovations since it already was an office building - it's not like it was vacant or they are switching uses. I also didn't have the heart to put down that big storage unit and the women's shelter as projects, since I don't really consider them terribly positive developments. I'm also not exactly sure where 323 Duval will be, but I think I got the right block.

Did I miss anything big?

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My memory is horrible, what was proposed at the Parkview Inn (NE corner of Main and State?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A 20+ story apartment tower was in the planning stages, but not yet marketed. We only knew about it because a forumer worked with the developer. But apparently the site was heavily contaminated, and the project is on hold - lack of financing, I guess?

Auchter posted their construction aerials for July... All these pictures should be about 2 weeks old.

Strand is looking tall. Peninsula isnt much further along than a dirt pile.

s072205s.jpg

Fidelity is coming along very fast. I'm really anxious to find out whether they will top-out at 8 floors, or if the rumors of "expansion" are true and it will be taller. Riverside Partner's 13 story tower hasn't even done ground clearing. I wonder when they will start?

fnf072205o2.jpg

1661 Riverside. If only all our strip-malls and apartments were designed like this one ...

1661072205o2.jpg

I just wanted to post a question regarding the construction of the towers on the Southbank regarding the "high-rise cranes". Seeing the construction of the Strand in particular especially last week, I noticed that the top level of the cranes were almost reached by the amount of floors that had been done on The Strand. Now, this week when I past by it, both of the construction cranes for the Strand have both risen up to higher levels. I just wanted to know how the high-rise cranes are created/built? How do they remove it after construction is finished and so forth? Thanks.

Took a short walk around downtown tonight and I noticed that they have officially condemned the Bostwick Building. This is the old bank building on the corner of Ocean and Bay that has the Jaguar painting on the side.

Yep, bright orange "UNSAFE BUILDING" stickers on both sides.

:(

Archived