>> Providence East Neighborhoods

Cotuit

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like Haruki Express on Waterman near Thayer is closed. This past Sunday it was shut and dark with a For Rent sign nearby... Sad if true, because they were good and fast and very nearly a mini-Japanese supermarket. I guess this answers the question of whether or not the Thayer area can handle 3 sushi places...

Pow Science science-themed toystore in Wayland Square is open...

Oop! on Ives Street is almost closed and clearing out inventory if anyone is looking for deals :(...

A couple of East Side storefront happenings

Fain's Carpet is closing: Who will get to occupy that awesome neon and structural glass storefront. Will they call themselves Fain's? Fain's Burritos. Fain's Kwicky-Mart. Fain's Smoothie Shoppe.

Storefront at the Elizabeth Building (next to Olive's) is almost done.

This 'n' That antiques co-op on Wickenden is closing at the end of October

Miko is closed/ing.

Fain's Carpet is closing: Who will get to occupy that awesome neon and structural glass storefront. Will they call themselves Fain's? Fain's Burritos. Fain's Kwicky-Mart. Fain's Smoothie Shoppe.

Miko is closed/ing.

Miko is closed/ing.

If it werent for the economic sky falling, Im sure my better half would be well underway in trying to open a replacement for Miko. Its a good opportunity - the city can definitely support a thinking persons sex shop, and hopefully they can correct the used car salesman routine at Miko. On the upside I got some crazy deals when they were clearing stuff out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dunno if I missed this on here or not, but it appears that a new sex shop has opened up in the old Miko location. It's called Mister Sister and is run by a woman who owns a couple shops in Ptown. I havent been in but there was a blurb in the Phoenix saying it will focus more on the gay community and have a slightly more fetish angle than Miko did. From the sounds of it it seems like it will address a lot of what was lousy about Miko.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived