>> Providence East Neighborhoods

Cotuit

• 1 month later...

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Well, that space is gigantic. I think they're planning on dividing it into several smaller ones to accommodate a series of local startup businesses once Butterfield leaves. I say that's great for Westminster.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

You know, why not combine the different ideas in play here? That's the beauty of mixed-used zoning: the final proposal doesn't have to be entirely one thing or entirely another. Marina and/or Riverwalk? Why not? Condos? Why not? Restaurant? Why not? Build upwards. Marina/Riverwalk at the bottom, condos in the middle, restaurant on top -- a Providence-scale version of the Top of the Hub, but on the waterfront.

What is nice about the new IWAY is it provides a new perspectice on the Providence Waterfront. And as you head east it is a beautiful scene. the old remains of the nightclub need to go. I think to replace it with a large buiding would be a mistake because it would block the view of the waterfront from the highway.

A small restaurant with a marina would be a nice addition there.

My opinion would favor Lone Ranger. I think a signature 10-12 story mixed use building that has all of those elements is perfect for that spot. I'd also add some commercial space that would taylor to the "package" trying to be created there: a non-chain deli/convenience store for the condo residents and the people who use the surrounding area for recreational uses (park & marina).

I love the restaurant on top idea - the views down the bay would be unbeatable!

What is nice about the new IWAY is it provides a new perspectice on the Providence Waterfront. And as you head east it is a beautiful scene. the old remains of the nightclub need to go. I think to replace it with a large buiding would be a mistake because it would block the view of the waterfront from the highway.

A small restaurant with a marina would be a nice addition there.

My opinion would favor Lone Ranger. I think a signature 10-12 story mixed use building that has all of those elements is perfect for that spot. I'd also add some commercial space that would taylor to the "package" trying to be created there: a non-chain deli/convenience store for the condo residents and the people who use the surrounding area for recreational uses (park & marina).

I love the restaurant on top idea - the views down the bay would be unbeatable!

Archived