Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Comerica Building really does have a historical feel to it - especially in black and white. If you cut this building out of this picture and inserted into the same picture as it looked 70 years ago it would probably still fit right in. This picture reminds me of similar shots of the 20s and deco scyscrapers of manhatan taken soon after they're completion.

Edited by andrew69@ltu

Here is what was left of Sanders at the end of the day Sunday. There's not much left now. We were digging through the rubble in the rainstorm last night trying to find pieces of the terra cotta facade for my friend. All the cool pieces were gone.

IMG_7461.jpg

Donovan should begin coming down today or tomorrow.

fortstreetbridge.jpg

35mm shot of the fort street drawbridge with the rouge in the background (2003).

I used to walk that bridge quite often when I worked at the Marathon Refinery a few years ago.

I also used to use the Dix Street bridge a lot (which runs right by the big water tank in the background). Jefferson Ave. has one like that too.

Edited by Exodus

I used to walk that bridge quite often when I worked at the Marathon Refinery a few years ago.

I also used to use the Dix Street bridge a lot (which runs right by the big water tank in the background). Jefferson Ave. has one like that too.

That photo brings back a lot of memories...I grew up in Delray during the late 60's through the 70's. We didn't have a car so we walked that bridge MANY times to go shopping at Shoppers World on Shafer.

It always made me kinda weak in the knees because you could see the water below through the metal grates. Good Times!

That photo brings back a lot of memories...I grew up in Delray during the late 60's through the 70's. We didn't have a car so we walked that bridge MANY times to go shopping at Shoppers World on Shafer.

It always made me kinda weak in the knees because you could see the water below through the metal grates. Good Times!

I know where shoppers world is, it's in Melvindale, and around the corner from the refinery.

As far as the grates go, I thought it was cool being able to see the water.