Trademark

49er

Thanks for that quick reply...

Hm interesting :huh: Is overall quality of construction a concern for you folks?

I dont want to assume that Trademark, being an "affordable" David Furman condo community has fallen to the same demons of shortcutting that other similarly affordable developers have; but i cant help but wonder.

<_<

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm interesting :huh: Is overall quality of construction a concern for you folks?

I dont want to assume that Trademark, being an "affordable" David Furman condo community has fallen to the same demons of shortcutting that other similarly affordable developers have; but i cant help but wonder.

<_<

The lack of a 3rd elevator (service or regular) is the most glaring problem that I've noticed after living here for a few weeks. The wait is always too long, which isn't surpising considering the large number of floors and parking decks. I agree that that management company has been extremely helpful for any minor issues that have come up (setting me up to "buzz" people in, granting the cable guy access, etc).

Abe, any posts on here should be taken with a grain of salt unless they link to sources, yours included. I've considered that the elevator problem might subside a bit after things stabilize here, but how long should that take? People have been living here for months already. I hope you're right though.

Another problem that came to mind is the excessive number of times that I have to use my key. I can understand the need for security, but it's ridiculous in the pool/community room/gym area. After using your fob to take the elevator up, you have to use a metal key to get at the pool, and have to use a key twice to get into the gym if the first door is closed. You also have to take a key with you to go from the pool to the bathroom, I believe. Assuming that whole area needs to be locked off, there should be a single point of entry where you use your key once, and then are free to move around.

This is an absolute bold face lie!

This building was never designed to have 4 elevators and there were never any drawings shown otherwise because they don't exist. The building was designed and built with 2 high-speed elevators based on the minimal # of residences per floor (10 max) and the fact that residential usage for elevators is much less than for office space. Once the upfit construction, elevator problems, and the move in's taper off, then the elevator usage will stablize and will not be an issue.

As for the recent leak, this was CAUSED by a renter who had stuffed his disposal full which caused the dishwasher to overflow into the sink (the dishwasher drains through the disposal into the sink). This brilliant renter then decides to pull the dishwasher out of the opening (instead of turning it off). This broke the water connection to the dishwasher at the wall and caused flooding of this unit as well as 3 others. This was not caused by faulty construction. It was not a contractor or developer issue at all. It was user error.

It is amazing how people write information on this site as if it is FACT when it is pure fiction.

As for the recent leak, this was CAUSED by a renter who had stuffed his disposal full which caused the dishwasher to overflow into the sink (the dishwasher drains through the disposal into the sink). This brilliant renter then decides to pull the dishwasher out of the opening (instead of turning it off). This broke the water connection to the dishwasher at the wall and caused flooding of this unit as well as 3 others. This was not caused by faulty construction. It was not a contractor or developer issue at all. It was user error......

<_<

This is an absolute bold face lie!

This building was never designed to have 4 elevators and there were never any drawings shown otherwise because they don't exist. The building was designed and built with 2 high-speed elevators based on the minimal # of residences per floor (10 max) and the fact that residential usage for elevators is much less than for office space. Once the upfit construction, elevator problems, and the move in's taper off, then the elevator usage will stablize and will not be an issue.

As for the recent leak, this was CAUSED by a renter who had stuffed his disposal full which caused the dishwasher to overflow into the sink (the dishwasher drains through the disposal into the sink). This brilliant renter then decides to pull the dishwasher out of the opening (instead of turning it off). This broke the water connection to the dishwasher at the wall and caused flooding of this unit as well as 3 others. This was not caused by faulty construction. It was not a contractor or developer issue at all. It was user error.

It is amazing how people write information on this site as if it is FACT when it is pure fiction.

It is "amazing how people write information on this site as if it is FACT, when it is pure FICTION" . I would have to totally agree with you ABE FROMAN! In fact pretty much everything YOU wrote about the recent FLOOD, is "PURE FICTION"! Get your facts straight before you try to make a point, please. . .

The recent "Flood" had nothing to do with disposals, sinks, or savagly ripping a pipe away. . . allowing water to flood the unit. It involved the water connection to the dishwasher which was fitted incorrectly. PERIOD. The washer was set to "delay mode" and left. . . when the dishwasher turned on. . the water pressure blew the improper connection loose my friend. Dumping gallons upon gallons of water into the unit and four others . . Including a condo on the 10th I might add ;-) This happened for over four hours, after returning home. . . the man did pull the washer out of the wall and had the water turned off at the connection.

Let us not forget, the TradeMark isn't new to this kind of thing. . . there were TWO previous floods which hendered many, many residence! One in October of 2007, another in January of this year. . . and yet another in June. . which we speak of.

In my opinion Centro and Duval take the residence of the building as idiots, sending out emails. . . that say things like "dishwasher leak" pardon the news crew on the property. . . it was only a leak. . . RIGHT!!!!! AND don't worry if your in the elevator and you drop so quickly you fall 6-ever how many floors!!!. . . .IT'S ONLY RESETING!!!! DONT WORRY IF YOU GET TRAPPED INSIDE, ITS IN "EARTHQUAKE MODE". . . . I mean people, come on!!

On last note of thought. . . Is anyone aware that Centro did not step in to assist or help the residence displaced by this last flood, not so much as a fruit basket, apologizing for the inconvience! NO, Im sorry, NO ANYTHING! I understand they are devistated, by this unfortunate event. . . and I have spoken with several people effected by the other floods. . Some of whom have not returned to their homes as of YET--From the January flood!

Yes, TradeMark is a great looking building, and for many a great place to call home. . . but it becomes a completely different place once you are effected by one of its numerous problems.

THank You, I will welcome any comments. . .

Italianblue-

After my last post, I had decided not to bother replying to any more comments on this website because people will believe what they want to believe whether they know the truth or not. However, I feel compelled to respond one last time to your comments because they get at the heart of what I feel is the problem with things that people write on this site.

First of all, I am not going to debate what happened with the recent leak with you. What I will do is respond to your comments about the fact that Centro has done nothing to help these people affected by these leaks. The 3 leaks in the building have been unfortunate and the first 2 have been contractor error. In all three cases, Centro and Duvall have stepped up to make sure the repair work for these damages got started ASAP after each event and paying for the work through insurance in lieu of waiting for the plumbing contractor's insurance company to determine a course of action. They have put themselves at risk on the cost of this work and will probably have to sue the plumbing contractor to recoup this money. (Keep in mind that these leaks were the fault of the plumbing contractor, not Centro or Duvall). In addition, on the first 2 leaks, Centro put homeowners affected by these leaks up in unsold condos until the repair work on their places was completed (some of this work is still ongoing). So the company that you say takes "the residence of the building as idiots" has to take a loss on these units when they do sell them because they have now been lived in and have to be sold as used instead of new condos. This was a choice that they made to try to help the people affected by these leaks. And to top it all off, a homeowner calls the local news to do a story on the recent leak so that Centro's name can be smeared publicly for something that was not even their fault (regardless of whether you believe that it was the homeowner's fault or the plumbing contractor's fault).

As for the elevator, I have been in the elevator when it "drops". It is not 6 stories. It is a few feet of drop and then it slowly goes down to the next floor. I sympathize that it is an unsettling experience having been in the elevator when it happened. I know that it has been very frustrating for the homeowners. What people don't see is what Centro has been doing to try and resolve this problem. You should ask Centro for a list of the things Otis has done in search of the problem (it's staggering) or ask Centro about the third party elevator inspector that they hired to review the work that Otis has done. Centro actually paid substantially more to have these elevators installed in the building because they are high tech and high speed (The Avenue has the exact same elevators by the way). They are also the only elevators in the entire country that had this "drop" problem and it took Otis a long time to determine the problem. They now believe that it is corrected though.

As one of the earlier posters shared, all new buildings have issues early on before things start to settle down (especially a building of this size) and TradeMark has had more than it's share of bad luck. It is unfortunate, though, that a company like Centro who has done so much for the development of the downtown urban environment (the same urban environment we all discuss on this website) can be labeled as a cheap developer who has done nothing to help their buyers because of incorrect or incomplete information that is freely passed along on this website or on television.

Thank you.

Unbelievable. I don't mean this is any sort of childish manner, but rather in the most literal sense and it's all I can think of to describe your attitude: you are a mouth-breathing moron. Anyone who owns a unit at Trademark and calls the local news to highlight all the problems the building has had should be thrown off their own balcony.

This accomplishes two things only: 1) it pisses off the management company (and your fellow residents with a modicum of sense) and makes it less likely that they would be cooperative and responsive to people who publicly throw them under the bus, and 2) it drags down your property value. I can't wait until you try to flip your unit and on the realtor feedback sheet you see, "Heard about building issues on local news, would rather look at one of the other 1200 units being built around downtown."

Its probably a good idea. . I love how you danced around all the facts and the wonrg doings! You sugar coat everything!!! Centro had to do what they had to do. . . period.

I am so glad the local news did the story, I am also very glad they are scheduled to do a follow-up segment!!! Stay TUNED!

If anyone wants to know the truth about TradeMark, ask a real resident who lives there. . . they all cant believe what has happend to their neighbors and sometimes them!! There is a high level of disgusted, angry, or disappointed people living in the TradeMark! Or as it is commonly refered to now. . . 'NIGHTMARE ON TRADE STREET"

Unbelievable. I don't mean this is any sort of childish manner, but rather in the most literal sense and it's all I can think of to describe your attitude: you are a mouth-breathing moron. Anyone who owns a unit at Trademark and calls the local news to highlight all the problems the building has had should be thrown off their own balcony.

This accomplishes two things only: 1) it pisses off the management company (and your fellow residents with a modicum of sense) and makes it less likely that they would be cooperative and responsive to people who publicly throw them under the bus, and 2) it drags down your property value. I can't wait until you try to flip your unit and on the realtor feedback sheet you see, "Heard about building issues on local news, would rather look at one of the other 1200 units being built around downtown."

This accomplishes two things only: 1) it pisses off the management company (......

.... and how about pissing off the staff here at UrbanPlanet who provides this website for you, free of charge, to discuss this matter along with many others......

I find it disappointing that you would lecture someone on their behavior then turn around and make personal insults towards them in hopes of discrediting them somehow. I highly recommend you read our rules here before making another post because we simply don't want forumers calling each other "mouth-breathing moron's". If you really have a valid point to make you and others that have done so in this topic don't need this added commentary.

I loved my place at Press munching on a nice sammidge and a beer and then someone threw a tennis ball from a high up balcony and haven't been back for quite a while, which slammed down loudly ten feet from where we sat. The developer has not created all the problems at Trademark, for the record.

I loved my place at Press munching on a nice sammidge and a beer and then someone threw a tennis ball from a high up balcony and haven't been back, which slammed down loudly ten feet from where we sat. The developer has not created all the problems at Trademark, for the record.

Our experience living at The Trademark has been very good overall. I cannot understand the vandalism in the elevators myself. I guess it's a matter of time before cameras are installed. Too bad a few people have to ruin it for the rest of us. It's hard to tell if the people causing the problems are renters or kids put up by their parents to live there while they study down the street. Maybe I'm getting old, but it seems like some of the owners/residents are barely out of high school and a lot of the problems seem to happen during the weekend when the 'kids' have been drinking.

There is still quite a demand for the units in The Trademark. Every day I see couples looking at the units, and it's a rare weekend when new people aren't moving in. Seems like, if someone weren't happy living there they'd move.

That said, it will be interesting to hear the outcome of this case of the broken dishwasher pipe. I'm sure higher authorities will be called in on that one. Both parties have good points.

Archived