Trademark

49er

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I seriously doubt they'd put in a fountain anytime soon, considering the drought the region is experiencing. I read that a couple of businesses in Atlanta are actually tearing out their fountains and replacing them with other less water-reliant landscaping. I think Coca Cola was one of the ones doing it. And much as I like fountains, ponds, and other water features, it would be irresponsible to put one in.

Quick update on the sculpture for the sidewalk in front of Trademark.

An article in today's Observer (http://www.charlotte.com/157/story/357181.html) has a few sentences on the artwork for Trademark. It will be a 22 foot tall granite and stainless steel work by NC artist Sally Rogers. No images of the proposed work were included, but here is her website, which gives us a flavor of her style.

Sally Rogers website

I spent a lot of time in The Trademark this weekend. I do like it. The interior is cool and modern to match the outside. I was surprised to how much of it is still a work in progress. The garage is quite a mess off construction equipment and the elevators are still being used a lot for inside work. I like how the building is backlit at night, very Gotham Batmanesque :ph34r: The art installation in front of the tower will be a great addition. Any word on when "Press" restaurant on the ground floor will open?

I'm quite impressed by artist Sally Rogers' work. She is obviously a great choice, and I bet the final result will be striking and unique. (My personal favorite piece on her website is "Magnet"---thanks for the link AppetiteForContruction.)

Trademark is about as ultra modern as Uptown gets, and one of Rogers' forward looking designs should be perfect out front.

Wow- her art work is very bold and striking. It certainly is the most logical choice for something outside of Trademark. Her work seems to resemble the look of the building quite well.

Update on the sculpture: When I drove by Sat- the footer was in place and bolts were ready for the work to be dropped down. It looks to be quite a large project from the dimensions of that footer and tapped off site.

• 2 weeks later...

When I walked by tonight the scuplture was covered in a tarp so I didn't take a pic of it.

However I did see something else cool. A couple of the balconies were lit up in different colors.

trademarkcolor.jpg

But on closer inspeciton I noticed there were cardboard cutouts of people on the balcony. So I guess this is a sales tactic to illustrate the remaining units.

trademarkpep.jpg

Archived