Trademark

49er

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a bunch of pigs. I feel badly for people that bought a home expecting some peace and quiet and instead are being forced to relive dorm life. And have their community pool taken over for Spring Break parties every weekend. Some people just never grow up.

I wish... but i think the "frat boys" are the renters who dont give 2 cents abt the bldg... and will have no problem continually asking mom/dad for cash to fork over for the highrise lifestyle...until the next cool thing comes along for them to destroy and misuse (we arent a bitter group are we? :unsure: )

Oh so would it be ok for me to post pictures I snapped of the penthouse as well!? :camera:

SleightofHand, I also took a tour and let me be the 1st to say that the 2,000 sqft of terrace space he speaks of IS NOT exaggerated! wowwwwwsers

It's not about disliking parties. One can have a good time without acting like trash and disrespecting other people, in The Trademark and elsewhere. Having money to throw around does not equal class. Unfortunately many of these young bankers think they are better than everyone else because of their condos and fancy cars. This snotty attitude makes Uptown unpleasant for many.

It's not about disliking parties. One can have a good time without acting like trash and disrespecting other people, in The Trademark and elsewhere. Having money to throw around does not equal class. Unfortunately many of these young bankers think they are better than everyone else because of their condos and fancy cars. This snotty attitude makes Uptown unpleasant for many.

But it sure is easy.

Those that I've seen out of control various nights uptown include all races, social strata, and employment. One shouldn't assume everyone partying downtown is a banker -- take a little survey and I'd bet you'll find all walks and all types. Just because the center city is filled with bankers during the day doesn't mean they all stay around at night. Lots of people from all over the city, and region, come uptown to wine, dine, and yes -- at times act like fools.

I've never gotten out of hand though...wasn't me... :ph34r:

Now that I think about it -- which is it? Bankers are white bread accounting office boring, or are crazy out of hand partiers? I'm not a banker, but I find it funny how the get a bad rap, for some reason, no matter what they do.

Great post. To think that I thought that "teh bankers" were solely responsible for destroying shareholder value, kicking innocent (illiterate or literate) victim-borrowers out of their homes, sullying our city with bars and chain steakhouses, creating Ballantyne (and then commuting therefrom in a GMC Denali), patronizing Home Depot at Midtown and shunning Mom 'n Pop Hardware (whose prices and selection are inversely related to the big box) and (gasp!) defiling a semi-public place by building and then using a never-ending beer bong.

The more you know...

So I was walking around town after visiting the Pompeii exhibit at DP today showing one of my friends all the construction. He noted how pretty the front of Trademark was while we were walking down by the Vue. Then, later in the day as we were walking back, he pointed out that he liked the backside of Trademark, not realizing it was the same tower. At that moment, I realized how cool the back of Trademark looks on its own, but doesn't mesh at all with the front of the tower. As soon as I told him that it was the same building, he just had this perplexed look on his face and asked "why would they do that?"

I thought that was worth mentioning.

Before the frat party discussions, there was mention of how large the terrace was for the penthouse. This pano will give you an idea of this excellent party pad. Here is a pano of the city from the penthouse. To give credit where it is due, I discovered this on the Charlotte Observer website under the 'newcomer' tab. Try this link:

http://legacy.charlotteobserver.com/static...here/panoFS.htm

^ The O might have "upgraded" to a new site but they neglected to fix one of the biggest problems with the previous one - links are dead in mere hours sometimes. Or is that URL wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived