Trademark

49er

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We didn't buy until The Trademark was finished so we understood clearly about the foyer. We're very happy with it too. It's simple and elegant enough for us. Clearly, you pay what you get for. Some of the other high rises have really high homeowners' dues and a lot of that money goes towards fancy lobbies and concierges. I do wonder if some sort of receptionist for the offices above wouldn't be a good idea though, plus a receptionist could keep a check on some of the vandalism. Some of the childish scratching in the elevator walls and beer bottles left around would cease if there were a receptionist and a SS camera. That said, I'm happy either way.

There was about 100 or more of us pre-construction buyers that were expecting a lobby on par with 230 S. Tryon and Avenue because that's what we were told we were going to get. The Trademark lobby is a joke in my opinion. It's tile floors are usually dirty or dingy and I'm told that's due to the fact it's cheap tile. The waterfall rarely works and is rusting. This was another penny save move by David Furman and company. The elevators look as if the building is 20 years old. I'm told the damage is permanent. This could have been avoided if a service elevator would have been installed but this would have cost the developer more money. You get the idea.

The first homeowner's meeting was a riot. There was around 80 owners there. The meeting didn't last 30 minutes before it was chaos due to the owners being so furious. The Blvd Centro reps gave up and over half the owners left. It was unreal.

Don't get me wrong, I love living there and love my condo but there are plenty of unresolved issues and many unhappy owners.

I have a one bedroom and it came with one parking space. At one point they offered an additional parking space when they had several left over. I wished I had jumped on one even though I don't need it. I'm sure they went quick. Later they did the same thing and offered storage spaces at the bottom of the parking deck. I didn't want to make the same mistake twice so I got one at the same price 10k. I think the parking space would have been better but I'm hoping the storage space would come in handy. I'm actually going to try and lease it to someone in the building.

I have a one bedroom and it came with one parking space. At one point they offered an additional parking space when they had several left over. I wished I had jumped on one even though I don't need it. I'm sure they went quick. Later they did the same thing and offered storage spaces at the bottom of the parking deck. I didn't want to make the same mistake twice so I got one at the same price 10k. I think the parking space would have been better but I'm hoping the storage space would come in handy. I'm actually going to try and lease it to someone in the building.

In the news of the weird from the Trademark building there has been sightings of a "unruly streaker"!

I have heard several reports of this "streaker" from several of my neighbors and others living in the building who have spotted him running through the halls and around the amenitie deck at the late hours of the night. :o

I think we are in a bit of a panic if people are talking so much about wanting excess parking spaces. It sounds like people are getting really worried about resale and rentability, so they want as much of a competitive advantage as possible. I think that most people renting or looking to buy in Trademark, especially 1 bedroom units, will not need more than one space. Many people choose to live downtown, especially in high rises close to Tryon, because they work uptown. It would be a huge shame if so many people try to retain extra vehicles. Part of my hope for these uptown condos is that more people will choose to live a life less reliant on a car. It is quite a shame to watch people pining over extra spaces.

Isn't it a fairly standard thing for 1br condos all over the place to have only one space?

I think we are in a bit of a panic if people are talking so much about wanting excess parking spaces. It sounds like people are getting really worried about resale and rentability, so they want as much of a competitive advantage as possible. I think that most people renting or looking to buy in Trademark, especially 1 bedroom units, will not need more than one space. Many people choose to live downtown, especially in high rises close to Tryon, because they work uptown. It would be a huge shame if so many people try to retain extra vehicles. Part of my hope for these uptown condos is that more people will choose to live a life less reliant on a car. It is quite a shame to watch people pining over extra spaces.

Isn't it a fairly standard thing for 1br condos all over the place to have only one space?

In the news of the weird from the Trademark building there has been sightings of a "unruly streaker"!

I have heard several reports of this "streaker" from several of my neighbors and others living in the building who have spotted him running through the halls and around the amenitie deck at the late hours of the night. :o

• 1 month later...

Archived