Trademark

49er

I think it looks great up until you hit the 22nd floor. Then it gets really drab with little glass and all that gray. With the announced explosion of 3rd Ward over the past couple of years, Furman must be kicking himself for not putting more units on the backside, especially on the 22+ floors. I imagine that would have increased profits and aesthetics substantially.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been lurking awhile and following the condo market with some interest. Can someone tell me whether this project is sold out and if so whether a significant number of units are back on the market as resales ? There was a negative article in the CBJ about the supply of condos and it seems like the extent to which some of these predicitions will turn out to be true will be driven by the number of resales that these larger projects dump on the market. I know the developers always claim to have few investors but the moment of truth is always the period of time that their buyers have their first opportunity to flip after closing.

Been lurking awhile and following the condo market with some interest. Can someone tell me whether this project is sold out and if so whether a significant number of units are back on the market as resales ? There was a negative article in the CBJ about the supply of condos and it seems like the extent to which some of these predicitions will turn out to be true will be driven by the number of resales that these larger projects dump on the market. I know the developers always claim to have few investors but the moment of truth is always the period of time that their buyers have their first opportunity to flip after closing.

So far there are only 2 actively listed at Trademark by flippers. There are 5 still available for sale by the developer (Centro typically holds a number of units at their projects off the market until the end then tends to list them at current pricing). All the units listed on the MLS that are pending closing are developer sales.

This really doesn't say much, however, because they have closed few units so far and you can't list your flip unit for sale until you close. The real indication of how many will be put back on the market will be after more of these close.

I think it looks really good too...there are actually 2 squares lit up. One on the Trade St side and another on the Mint St side. Didn't have my camera with me tonight...so no pics. Do any of the people that live in the building know if this is it for exterior lighting...or is their more to come?

While on the topic of exterior lighting...does anyone else find the vertically mounted white flouresent lights along the Trade St facade to be a bit too harsh? When I have walked by the building at night along Trade St it physically hurts my eyes to look at the building due to those bright lights. They really need to install some type of filter or sheilding on those things.

I think it looks really good too...there are actually 2 squares lit up. One on the Trade St side and another on the Mint St side. Didn't have my camera with me tonight...so no pics. Do any of the people that live in the building know if this is it for exterior lighting...or is their more to come?

OK, I'm working out some kinks with my photohosting sites so bare with me. Also, this is my first time ever taking "good" nightshots with manual modes. So I went downtown and brought my tripod along. This is just a small side hobby I'm getting into, but here are some night shots of Trademark and the "blue square" thingy, to help compliment Mobchu's, so don't be too critical...

Look for my other photos from tonight in the Photo of the Day thread.

Uptown053.jpg

Uptown052.jpg

Uptown051.jpg

I disagree with the statement of it being "uninspiring" but do find the amount of solid grey on the backside to be excessive. I think the building turned out great and has a lot of character to it. The fact that it's not a typical all glass or solid box like towers once were leads me to believe that this project is very inspiring, although the backside during the day (cuz at night its spectacular) could have receieved some more windows.

Archived