The Avenue

monsoon

This is such awesome news for Uptown.

I live near Seattle, where Thai food is extremely popular. In fact, Thai restaurants are practically as common as coffee shoppes:) Seems like when someone tries Thai cuisine just once, they are hooked.

Before long, after Charlotteans try Thai the first time, restaurants will proliferate. Uptown would be the perfect place for that to happen. Great downtowns are almost always known for tasty, diverse food. :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys, Nix isn't open yet. I stopped by and they had some last minute stuff come up that needed to be ironed out. Said they didn't want to open until everything was done so things would run smooth for the customers. Now they're saying later this week.

25 years ago, Charlotte had a plethora of restaurants that featured international cuisines? I guess I must have been in a different Charlotte......

Since posters were so excited about the Thai restaurant opening in Avenue, I assumed Uptown must not have a Thai restaurant yet. I'm glad to hear things have progressed gastronomically.:)

There are other Thai restaurants around downtown (not sure about within). There is one opening in Epicenter. What makes this one good is that is (I think only the second restaurant of) a well regarded Thai place in Charleston. Just like italian, chinese, and mexican, there are good restaurants and average restaurants. This one is supposed to be good. I've had plenty of Thai food, including in Thailand, but my favorite time was an upscale Thai place in Virginia Highlands in Atlanta. We were talking about it for weeks. I'm hoping this will be of similar effect on my palate.

Beyond that, I know the Ave people are happy to have the places opening up in their buildings, as it does add some diversity to the food options in 4th Ward Proper.

25 years ago, Charlotte had a plethora of restaurants that featured international cuisines? I guess I must have been in a different Charlotte......

Since posters were so excited about the Thai restaurant opening in Avenue, I assumed Uptown must not have a Thai restaurant yet. I'm glad to hear things have progressed gastronomically.:)

I am biased in favor of Basil opening in the Avenue. I have not had any other Thai food here that compared. It's hugely popular in Charleston. Their location on Upper King is always packed. I like the fact that they chose another urban setting in Charlotte for their first branching out.

Ate at Nix today for lunch. The place was full before noon, and had a wait for seating.

The food was excellent (amazing fries), and service was good considering how busy they were. Burgers were pricey $8-$10, but I guess that is in line with most "gourmet" burger joints. The space is slightly cramped, but not claustrophobic, and actually the space is well designed. It is comparable to places in NYC and Boston as far as seating density.

I think this place is going to be a home-run.

Ate at Nix today for lunch. The place was full before noon, and had a wait for seating.

The food was excellent (amazing fries), and service was good considering how busy they were. Burgers were pricey $8-$10, but I guess that is in line with most "gourmet" burger joints. The space is slightly cramped, but not claustrophobic, and actually the space is well designed. It is comparable to places in NYC and Boston as far as seating density.

I think this place is going to be a home-run.

Went to Nix last night. It's great - really great burger, delicious fries, overall love the atmosphere. Decor is cool. Only complaint is that the service was a little slow, but it was busy and I'm sure they're still getting the kinks out since they just opened. I think this place is a keeper. So good Im going again tonight!

Went to Nix last night. It's great - really great burger, delicious fries, overall love the atmosphere. Decor is cool. Only complaint is that the service was a little slow, but it was busy and I'm sure they're still getting the kinks out since they just opened. I think this place is a keeper. So good Im going again tonight!

Archived