The Avenue

monsoon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, snails pace really. The convenience store finally has some fridges and lighting in at least.

Also excited about the Thai place. When I mentioned the name Basil to some friends that used to live in Charleston they couldn't say enough about the restaurant. I was kinda worried Basil would have too much competition with the Thai place going in at Epicentre, but apparently Basil will be of much higher quality.

• 1 month later...

I've been looking forward to this restaurant, so I'm glad it is moving forward. I hope that with this and that new burger place opening up between Feast and Capital Grill will help add some pedestrian traffic to 5th and help Latorre find a decent tenant for the City Tavern-Twist-Daddy's Grill-Coyote Ugly location.

• 2 weeks later...

The upfit of Nix looks pretty cool. I can definitely see myself including that in places I go with my friends regularly.

They have a crazy looking chandelier that includes orange extension cords and utilitarian light bulb cages. It looks very cool, very unexpected, and perfect for a burger joint that is clearly trying to look hip but not upscale.

Now, we just need Latorre to do SOMETHING! (And for Feast to survive, it looks pretty empty half the time, but maybe they make up for it in liquor sales at night, not sure.)

^ Yes. Signage looks nice to on the edge of HOM as well. I like the way the place looks as well. This should tie into the 5th/Tryon scene nicely, I actually like this little collection of places the best of the bars in Uptown. Not saying anything about the bars, just the general vibe of the place is a lot better and infinitely more organic than the EpiCentre.

Side Note:

Hopefully, Grand Central will be replaced with another cool spot or (if pigs could fly) some useful retail.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I visited a friend in Avenue last night. It's been a while since I've been over there on Church St. I saw what looks to be a little store going in near the entrance to Avenue. I can't remember what it's called, but on the window it said "Breakfest" along with other things. Does anyone know what kind of breakfest this is going to be? Obviously it's not going to be anything sit down. I just hope I can get something decent, since Dunkin Donuts in Uptown is the only thing on the weekends (except the restaurant in the Dunhill).

Hey, I visited a friend in Avenue last night. It's been a while since I've been over there on Church St. I saw what looks to be a little store going in near the entrance to Avenue. I can't remember what it's called, but on the window it said "Breakfest" along with other things. Does anyone know what kind of breakfest this is going to be? Obviously it's not going to be anything sit down. I just hope I can get something decent, since Dunkin Donuts in Uptown is the only thing on the weekends (except the restaurant in the Dunhill).

Spoke to the GM at Nix tonight and they will be opening on Monday. The menu will have 30 different burgers, with multiple toppings, a large selection of beers, with 8 on tap. Open until "late night" will mean it depends on the crowd. The atmosphere in this place looks awsome, and will certainly be a regular spot for me, especially with $1 beers :)

And per the Ave homeowners meeting 2 days ago, Basil is scheduled to be opened in February

Archived