Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Gets more awful as time passes... and less believable.  I really "like" the stock photos and lack of specs.  It seems to me that this Travis fellow sketched this "non-cantilever" guitar on the back of an envelope at a bar and he's got a kick out of the publicity about it.  The dead giveaway to me is that he wasn't even mentioned as having applied for the TIF money... for a gulch hotel. 

Drove through a couple of areas after getting my Marta test.

-The Hilton Garden on KVB is excavating. People were on site and working before 8am.

-No activity at WES.

-Plenty of activity at the former gas station site next door.

-1800 & 2400 West End both active and moving along. It looks like they are starting on the 2nd level of 1800.

-The Courtyard in Green Hills is a full 2 floors out of the ground. If only the rest of GH was as urban looking as Bedford Ave.

-Amsurg site has a decent sized hole and swimming pool/lake forming at the bottom. Difference between that and WES is there is plenty of activity at the Amsurg site. Dump trucks lined up down the street.

There is a mystery crane (portable, not tower -- but tall) behind the rehabilitation center on Hillsboro Cir (between the YMCA and the Metro teachers tower). I couldn't get a good look at it because I was driving. Any clues as to what it is? 

Isn't that the 5-story addition to the apartment complex behind the teachers tower?  There is a pic in the list that Ron compiled (B&W rendering).

That looks like it might be it. I didn't know where the Village Green Apartments were until I googled it. The crane isn't near Abbott Martin, though...it is sitting nearly back to the YMCA property...though it is a portable crane...it might move later. 

I wonder if Ron knows where the exact site of the building will be.

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

New residential building is under construction and almost completion on Fatherland between 5th and 6th on the north side. Rustique is opening next to Blue Sky at 7th and Fatherland.

Edited by 5th & Main Urbanite

This is always great newshttp://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2013/08/report-nashville-commercial-real.html

Just concerned when this happens in cities does that means the demand becomes high , also great, but to

But doesn't inflation start to happen and the prices start to go up in all sectors commercial, residential ?

98% rental occupancy downtown?!

Wow, had no idea the market was that strong. Bodes well for more residential downtown in the future, and with that retail/restaurant/etc...

Anybody have any idea if city planners are planning any more green space/tree plantings downtown? Would make it all the more inviting...

Chris Moore Building sold

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2013/08/midtown-warehouse-sold.html

Music with friends club to expand in Nashville

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2013/08/06/music-with-friends-club-expands-to.html

A couple of item from this week.

This week as well as many weeks this year, there have been numerous high profile real estate deals, so there are too many to post. Just take a look at the NBJ.

This isn't Nashville related, but since most people skip straight to the Nashville forum, I'd like to say I have a new update for some of the urban development happening in Knoxville. There are a few cool projects planned or in the works there. Check it out, and if you know of any people that are from Knoxville or interested in its development, please lead them over there. I would really like to see the other Tennessee city forums revived.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/116078-new-knoxville-developments-2013/

• Like 1

Oh wow that is big news! Not only is it taking up a big chuck of availiable space, it could mean that the building would get some improvements. On what level I'm not sure, but it would be nice to see this building get a nice new fresh look. Maybe I'm getting my hopes up too much, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.  

On the flip side. I was hoping that rumor about the Regions building being converted into a residential tower would come true. So I guess it's kind of bitter sweet to me.