The SoBro | 32 stories 345 ft | 3rd & Demonbreun

smeagolsfree

Would love to see them find a "nest" of something like Dinosaurs or more recent mammals from 10,000+ years ago, but they may need to dig considerably deeper.

Nothing like an archeological dig to put a project on hold indefinitely. Don't get your hopes up too high.

It was an industrial site for almost a century.

You know, even as a native, i have a had time remembering SoBro, before it was "SoBro". The closest thing i can remember to that site was Rock City Machine and 328 performance Hall. But i know that 328 was where the base of the current Vets Bridge is and i believe Rock city was a few blocks away. What was at the SoBro site?

Side note; You know, it's pretty amazing how many parts of town that i knew nothing about from my youth. Part of it was me not exploring, but another part is just the nature of this city and the growth that's happened.

Germantown- can't remember anything about it pre-2000

The Gulch- never went there. Other than the train shed, i couldn't tell you anything about it

East Nashville- "Don't go over there!" (And people still told me that even as i was buying my home there!)

The Nations- Where's that?

12th South- Thats how you get to Crieve Hall and Grandma's house, if for some strange reason, you don't want to take I-65.

To my Hickory Hollow, suburban mind, this was all "downtown". And the only places i went "downtown" were Elliston Place, 2nd Ave., and Bongo Java in Belmont.

Edited by nashvillwill

Does that qualify this project as "under construction"?

Or do we reserve that title until building materials are actually on site?

Some places wait until excavation is complete and actual materials are on site and the actual construction on the tower's structure has started.  

You know, even as a native, i have a had time remembering SoBro, before it was "SoBro". The closest thing i can remember to that site was Rock City Machine and 328 performance Hall. But i know that 328 was where the base of the current Vets Bridge is and i believe Rock city was a few blocks away. What was at the SoBro site?

Side note; You know, it's pretty amazing how many parts of town that i knew nothing about from my youth. Part of it was me not exploring, but another part is just the nature of this city and the growth that's happened.

Germantown- can't remember anything about it pre-2000

The Gulch- never went there. Other than the train shed, i couldn't tell you anything about it

East Nashville- "Don't go over there!" (And people still told me that even as i was buying my home there!)

The Nations- Where's that?

12th South- Thats how you get to Crieve Hall and Grandma's house, if for some strange reason, you don't want to take I-65.

To my Hickory Hollow, suburban mind, this was all "downtown". And the only places i went "downtown" were Elliston Place, 2nd Ave., and Bongo Java in Belmont.

328 Performance Hall was at 328 4th Avenue South, what is now the right of way for Korean Veterans Blvd.  It was condemned for the road constriction.  The Hampton Inn is a part of the same parcel.

Does that qualify this project as "under construction"?

Or do we reserve that title until building materials are actually on site?

Some places wait until excavation is complete and actual materials are on site and the actual construction on the tower's structure has started.  

I don't want to put Tony anywhere near on the same plane as Palmer, but let's not jinx things either.  :thumbsup:

• Like 4