Metro Orlando Airport News

bic

Terminal C.   I keep forgetting that they need to also build out the parking apron for those 4/8 gates.  So pretty much, what you see on the other side of the already open gates is what they're gonna be putting in ala concrete...

terminal-c-overview-mco-2000x1119.jpg

SOUTH-TERMINAL-AERIAL-LOOKING-EAST.jpg

Orlando-Terminal-C-2048x1365.webp

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I had posted about some construction at the Terminal C area and Intermodal Center.

https://www.wesh.com/article/new-parking-lots-orlando-airport/44531505

one of the new parking lots is south side of Intermodal Center.

This is a joke. Surface parking? This is poor planning and caught with their pants down at the last minute right before brightline starts. Should have been done a long time ago. However only 700 spots, and most not directly near the terminal? Jeeze...... they should completely build out the entire parking garage at terminal C. That will solve the issues, not BS temporary last minute surface lots that offer a few hundred spots. 

The garages pay for themselves. Back in the day, when I lived in Detroit for a few years, I remember they built out the parking garage at the north terminal years before the North terminal was even rebuilt. They need to do this NOW at terminal C. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, shardoon said:

This is a joke. Surface parking? This is poor planning and caught with their pants down at the last minute right before brightline starts. Should have been done a long time ago. However only 700 spots, and most not directly near the terminal? Jeeze...... they should completely build out the entire parking garage at terminal C. That will solve the issues, not BS temporary last minute surface lots that offer a few hundred spots. 

The garages pay for themselves. Back in the day, when I lived in Detroit for a few years, I remember they built out the parking garage at the north terminal years before the North terminal was even rebuilt. They need to do this NOW at terminal C. 

There was more at play here.  It had to do with funding and timing.  A garage wouldn't make the deadline.  A garage is coming, just later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shardoon said:

@codypetI agree...but...if it had to do with choosing between getting Terminal C open and expanding C Parking b/c of Brightline, then I can see how they made Terminal C the priority.  But...dang...is thing gonna make Orlando look back asswards.

rethinking b/c of covid screwed MCO up, Brightline, Universal, and the OCCC...

these garages will take time to build b/c they're pour in place...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, shardoon said:

Rolling 12 months through June 2023 is 54,599,032 passengers. Well on our way to smash 56 million by the end of the year. At this current rate, we may flirt with 57 million by years end........

phenomenal.

my prior comments about a drop off of patronage at WDW because of their movie script choices...just talked with a colleague about a bunch of stuff...regarding WDW, they have a brand that is so successful, that they don't even need to sell the brand to prospective timeshare purchasers.   my point?  Disney's in great shape.  So there likely will not be a drop off of tourism and therefore flights at MCO b/c of Disney.

Unfortunately, I also heard that KPM&G is doing some layoffs.  They are directly tied into MCO b/c they fly their people in daily and/or weekly...hopefully that resolves itself...

On 7/28/2023 at 9:49 AM, shardoon said:

Rolling 12 months through June 2023 is 54,599,032 passengers. Well on our way to smash 56 million by the end of the year. At this current rate, we may flirt with 57 million by years end........

here's an All Ears article about that:

https://allears.net/2023/08/02/orlando-airport-sees-record-breaking-crowds-in-2023/

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2023/01/18/orlando-airport-looks-to-install-above-ground-pitless-moving-walkways-in-terminal-c/

from January...but...Thibault discusses how the future tram already has space allotted for it underneath C.  So, unlike O'Hare where it is elevated above, this one would be a level beneath the walk path of those airsides (it seems).

But, man, they said they narrowed the hallways to stay within budget.  Geez.  I still don't get why they chose gates only on one side of an airside spur versus like the gates in A/B and/or most other airfields around the country.  Well, except for DFW, that is...except here the airside corridor is straight whereas at DFW its curved.

This is a good report from a few months back about the need for that pedestrian "bridge" from Terminal C to the Intermodal Center.  They're on site.  If you let the next video play, they discuss the pit-less moving walkways they are planning to put in.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2023/03/06/trekking-from-orlando-international-airports-new-terminal-c-to-the-old-terminals-relief-is-coming/

4 hours ago, cmg1285 said:

Does term C allow for A380's? They're regaining popularity as travel picks back up and hopeful we'll see one in the future for the long hauls.

Welcome!

I am pretty sure that Airside 4 does from a few years back.  I think the airside at Term C in the central spine portion has the double jetway gates already.  And, the new gates currently u/c at Term C will also be able to; it has been posted that each gat will have two jetways which can be used for a single jumbo jet or two smaller jets.

4 hours ago, tcurry10 said:

welcome!  I am miffed that they narrowed the airside where the JetBlue gates are to stay on-budget.  That was a permanent structural change on this type of airside design that, had the airside been like Term A/B or Tem C's central airside, that wouldn't have happened...but it did...and now they want to squeeze moving walkways in those narrow corridors...