Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

43 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Car dealerships are the most miserable experience on earth and cover way too much of it. If Carvana can sell me a car without ever talking to a f*@$& sales person and do it without 10 acres of asphalt, more power to them. 

I really want to like the service but they have too many issues with not being transparent with cars that have been smoked in or the amount of damage they actually have.  They do offer a 7 day no questions asked return but that just seems like a massive waste of time if they lie and you don't get compensated.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just learned that the Circle K at the corner of Scaleybark and S. Blvd isn't renewing their lease. They'll be closing in May. Considering QT right up the street, I wonder if there really is a need for a single gas pump station? 

I wonder what could or should be there next. Any ideas?

Edited by NY+SC=NC
Sentence structure.

15 minutes ago, NY+SC=NC said:

Just learned that the Circle K at the corner of Scaleybark and S. Blvd isn't renewing their lease. They'll be closing in May. Considering QT right up the street, I wonder if there really is a need for a single gas pump station? 

Classy corner-articulating apartment building a la Faison apts in Elizabeth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NY+SC=NC said:

0.28 acres is a pretty tight.  The best option is to assemble with Zack's site, which I hope never happens.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Sigma said:

0.28 acres is a pretty tight.  The best option is to assemble with Zack's site, which I hope never happens.

Reading Polaris map the Zack's, Honda Works and Brown Dog are all owned by different LLC's but all list Zack's as the property owner address.  Trying to figure out if that means the owner of Zack's also owns all of that land..

Like you I'm hoping nothing comes of Zack's, but wouldn't mind if Circle K redeveloped into something more TOD and the Honda Works eventually transitioned out of the area.  It looks like it has good bones for a neighborhood restaurant ala Pinky's in Wesley Heights.

Edit:  All three sites listed above are owned by LLC's registered to either George or Anne Demopoulos the people who own Zack's.  Think they're safe from being combined with the Circle K site

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Unbelievable new duplexes and houses and townhomes on Belton St right off South Blvd near Scaleybark station.  The "paired villas" ,duplexes as I would call them, from the low 600s single family homes low 800s.   David Weekley and Pulte are the builders.  This area was small 1950s/60s duplexes. 

Photos from yesterday.  Okay one photo from the model home interior LOL. 

No action on the Lidl site which is now officially an eyesore for that area.   

IMG_2547.JPG

IMG_2549.JPG

IMG_2552.JPG

IMG_2553.JPG

IMG_2554.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

from the low 600s single family homes low 800s

I can't imagine paying that for those.  I'm sure they will sell but I hate them.  

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Is this because of soil contamination or Lidl struggling in the US?  This needs to get built but they don't have a sign here anymore.

19 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Unbelievable new duplexes and houses and townhomes on Belton St right off South Blvd near Scaleybark station.  The "paired villas" ,duplexes as I would call them, from the low 600s single family homes low 800s.   David Weekley and Pulte are the builders.  This area was small 1950s/60s duplexes. 

Photos from yesterday.  Okay one photo from the model home interior LOL. 

IMG_2552.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

Those garages facing the street take a potentially beautiful row of homes and turn them into a gross set of bad jokes on a potentially great urban area. I can't even keep looking at them. What a waste.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lidl is basically slowing its roll (out) in America. They had a crazy plan and I do say crazy to open grocery stores all around the same time from Georgia to Pennsylvania in urban areas, suburbs and cities.  That was way TOO ambitious.  They have slowed their rollout greatly and the first stores are doing okay in some smaller cities in eastern NC.  I think they will move slower and they are coming up against so many competitors like Walmart, Aldi which is their chief German competitor, Harris Teeter, Publix, Food Lion etc etc.

On this particular site I think the development costs were very high and the site is still owned by Lidl but I think they decided to go to more easily developed sites first.  I went to a Lidl in Greenville NC I thought it was strange in the layout and offerings.  I liked it more for price of milk $1.10 a gallon and other non food items that were good priced. 

Eventually I think Lild will build there as they own the site but when who knows. 

• Like 1

^ (at the Sargent) the neo-McMansion mushrooms a block over (on Greystone) all have frontload  garages as well. These streets are going to as ped hostile as any in Btyne. Its really a shame, this part of town had huge potential for solid design.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1