Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

21 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Maybe the difference is the proximity to downtown.

With LP being just south of the 408 and practically in downtown and Sodo being all the way down near Michigan St., there may be different zoning standards and requirements.

Yeah, probably.  But, man, am I excited about LP.  it looks like on the south side of their garage at the corner with Gore, it looks like they are preparing a retail level there too.  not sure about it they stack residential on top of that once that retail level is done.

It's hard to tell from the image of the project.  I think it is inverted as well b/c the garage is along Orange Ave but it looks like it is to the west of the project in the image.

lucerne-update.png

Edited by jrs2

My concern with Lucerne Promenade is location.  It's amazing of course, but it's also an island unto itself right now.  The city need to find a way to make the lake not a burden to cross for the people downtown and Orange needs to have some retail that isn't medical offices between Kaley and Gore.

1 hour ago, AndyPok1 said:

My concern with Lucerne Promenade is location.  It's amazing of course, but it's also an island unto itself right now.  The city need to find a way to make the lake not a burden to cross for the people downtown and Orange needs to have some retail that isn't medical offices between Kaley and Gore.

the problem I see with Orange is the 408 ramp; I think Orange near Anderson will forever be doomed to be nothing more than a fast paced access road for 408.  I think that's the big problem with connectivity along Orange Ave down to LP.  Maybe if they widened the sidewalks a bit...

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:22 PM, Jernigan said:

IMG_3334.JPG

Anyone eating there can tell you why.  The service was horrible.  The wings were pretty good.  The menu is jacked up with too many options in some ways and too few options in others.  The number one seasoning being SALT and more SALT on everything.

1 minute ago, codypet said:

ECW is still operating in Waterford.  Talking to the owners they had said they were in dispute with the Landlord which caused the closure.

Drive by that location and see if you ever have the tiniest bit of trouble getting a table.  I don't know many restaurateurs that would say "Yeah, our service wasn't good and our food was subpar."  I've eaten at both locations and it was the same at both. 

I'd love for them to be amazing.  I'd love to have a go-to place with that concept.

• 2 weeks later...

Per GrowthSpotter, the Mama B's at Orange near Gore is becoming a Foxtail Coffee Company.  No timeline yet and they have yet to decide if they will demo the building or totally renovate it.

The article also mentioned that Crescent Lucerne is now going as "NOVEL Lucerne"  - Here's more on that from the apartment's website: https://www.crescentcommunities.com/businesses/multifamily/novel-lucerne

• Like 2

9 hours ago, orlandoguy said:

Wow ... Foxtail must have gotten some serious investment. After the location in the BOA Center, the forthcoming Curry Ford store, and now this, things are really looking up for our hometown coffeehouse.

A spot near ORMC makes all the sense in the world. Good for them.

The guy is a multi millionaire trying to be the next Starbucks. This was always going to happen. Either they then franchise or they package it all up for a PE exit. They have LLCs set up for 9 locations so far.

• Like 1

I give a hearty meh to Panera.  I used to love them and went weekly if not more often.  But in the past two years the price has gotten so high, and the portions so low, that I've sworn it off.  I'll try again in a few years.  I'm still sad Noodles closed before I moved into my Wadeview house.  Was looking forward to walking there often reminding me of college days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Caught me by surprise since it still had the "For Lease" sign up.   I shared that the former East Coast Wings location now says "Leased" but moved idea what is moving in. 

I was thinking the Panera on Michigan could work in either spot if they could add a drive through 

I'm guessing Tin & Taco 2. Rob is going in somewhere down around here.

4 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Caught me by surprise since it still had the "For Lease" sign up.   I shared that the former East Coast Wings location now says "Leased" but moved idea what is moving in. 

I was thinking the Panera on Michigan could work in either spot if they could add a drive through 

Well the local Panera people own Fresh Kitchen here