SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

I have an idea... The wall that blocks the Neiman wing from the part of the mall that is open doesn't go all the way to the ceiling. So it is possible to see over it and check out the new spaces that have been under construction. About twelve or so Upers should go to SouthPark, form a cheerleader pyramid and send Charlotte Bon V to the top. Then toss a camera up to her, she can snap a couple of pictures and we can assess from the pictures what is going on back there. :thumbsup:

I was talking with my store manager today and the rumor around the mall is Ralph Lauren might be opening a store in the Neiman Marcus wing. She also mentioned Hermes. I literally work right there so I'll keep my eyes peeled.
I'm certain Hermes is coming. Charlotte-Bon-Vivant posted a link to a news story confirming that they're headed to Charlotte.

thank goodness- that store is so unsightly!

definately do not agree with that, I love it, it is so awesome with the windows perpendicular to the fascade itself.

yeah. and what's sad is that before we know it it'll look like the Dillard's at northlake and have no distinctiveness left to it.

http://www.shopnorthlake.com/images/pg_cache/real_13436.jpg

good god I hope not :-(

Greetings everyone. I thought I would post some information here to those who have been curious about a Bloomingdales opening in Charlotte. I myself used to live in Charlotte until 2 years ago. I now live in Palm Beach, Florida and work for Bloomingdales.We just completed a traning course in upsate NJ, and in New York City. After the training we were able to meet with executives. The question was asked 'What are the possibilites for expansion?" Thr response was pretty straight forward. After our new store opening in San Francisco later this summer/early fall , there have been NO ne stores planned and no loactions are even being considered. With the recent purchase of the MAY Co. , Federated INC. goal is to continue to work with these new stores. As I have said in the past, Charlotte will be considered a major market for teh Macy's brand. Hopefully you will finf this information helpful. Have a great day!

...The question was asked 'What are the possibilites for expansion?" Thr response was pretty straight forward. After our new store opening in San Francisco later this summer/early fall , there have been NO ne stores planned and no loactions are even being considered...

They've announced plans for four new Bloomingdale's so far, though you may not have included them because they might open before the SF Bloomingdale's is finished. I don't really know the exact dates.

Robinsons-May, South Coast Plaza

Robinsons-May, Fashion Valley Center (San Diego)

Filene's, Chestnut Hill (Boston)

Hecht's, Chevy Chase (under construction, will open as Bloomingdales instead)

Source: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?...8787&highlight= (about 3/4 down the page)

However, having said all that, I don't think Charlotte will get a Bloomingdale's anytime soon. I would be great if they did, but there are several larger metros without Bloomingdale's that would probably get them before Charlotte (Detroit, Dallas, Houston, Seattle, Phoenix, etc.)

How could at least the Shops at Mission Viejo in Orange County, CA not get a Bloomingdale's? That mall is beautiful and crowded and upscale- currently with a Robinsons-May, Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy's and Nordstrom, along with tons of great stores- although the first two anchors are closing, leaving the poor mall shafted.

Greetings everyone. I am originally from Charlotte and now live in South Florida. I have just been reading some the threads here and thought i woudl share some information with you. Bloomingdales will not be opening in Charlotte anytime soon. I see that a few of you seem to think so . This is incorrect unfortunately. I work for Bloomingdales and they have no current interest in the Charlotte market for a Bloomingdales location. I can report to you that although Bloomingdales will not be opening Macy's will be considered a major market for Macy's and for Federated Inc. As an employee of Fedreated and of Bloomingdales were in contstant communication of whats goin on within the company. As you probabaly alyeady knwo by know all of the Hechts will be changed over to Macy's.You can expect to see some great changes take place at all of the Charlotte locations. Especially at Southpark! For any currect Hechts employees, dont worry. The changes will be for the best for you and the Charlotte market! Please feel free to ask me any questions

Greetings everyone. I thought I would post some information here to those who have been curious about a Bloomingdales opening in Charlotte. I myself used to live in Charlotte until 2 years ago. I now live in Palm Beach, Florida and work for Bloomingdales.We just completed a traning course in upsate NJ, and in New York City. After the training we were able to meet with executives. The question was asked 'What are the possibilites for expansion?" Thr response was pretty straight forward. After our new store opening in San Francisco later this summer/early fall , there have been NO ne stores planned and no loactions are even being considered. With the recent purchase of the MAY Co. , Federated INC. goal is to continue to work with these new stores. As I have said in the past, Charlotte will be considered a major market for teh Macy's brand. Hopefully you will finf this information helpful. Have a great day!

Didn't you post pretty much the same thing back in February? lol.