SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

My friend Keith at the Malls of America blog found an awesome shot of the interior SouthPark fountain taken in 1976.

South%20Park%20Mall%20Charlotte,%20NC%201976.jpg

Permalink to the blog entry

If you're too young to remember what the mall looked like back in the day (or like me: I never had a chance to go to SouthPark until 1992, and by then the fountain and the court around it had been substantially changed.) you will be suprised. If you do remember the place as it used to be, you'll get warm and fuzzy about this shot.

I'm going to use that picture in an evolution of the SouthPark fountain post on LiveMalls eventually.

EDIT: Eventually is now! Check out http://livemalls.blogspot.com/2006/04/evol...n-court-at.html

Edited by StevenRocks

I don't know how recently everyone has been to Belk in SP but the Chanel name is everywhere in there. I was walking out of the store and noticed signs, banners, display cases everywhere. So, I noticed that Chanel probably has the largest cosmetic display space in the store. If I'm not mistaken, Louis Vuitton and Kate Spade first dabbled in the Charlotte market by leasing space in Belk and then moving into their own stores. With this huge Chanel thing going on in Belk I think Chanel may be priming Charlotte for a Chanel store in the new wing. Also Belk SP has huge Ralph Lauren areas so I would imagine that SP must be on RL's radar. Just some thoughts.

Unless Chanel is opening a cosmetics store, maybe not. Belk SP doesn't carry Chanel accessories or clothing. Unless it's all hidden away and no one will tell me where it is. :(
I think Neiman Marcus SouthPark will have a small Chanel accessories or sportswear boutique, kind of like what Louis Vuitton has in the Raleigh Saks. Belk will probably get some kind of Chanel enhancement as well.

I think Neiman Marcus SouthPark will have a small Chanel accessories or sportswear boutique, kind of like what Louis Vuitton has in the Raleigh Saks. Belk will probably get some kind of Chanel enhancement as well.

Thanks, but this is not the answer I was looking for. I was hoping you'd provide directions to the Chanel in Belk. If only you could see the single tear rolling down my cheek. :cry:

NM at Lenox has an in-store Chanel boutique. It's okay. I do like the design: glass walls and very clean displays. The lighting is kind of low. It reminds me a bit of the Avenue Montaigne store in Paris.

Thanks, but this is not the answer I was looking for. I was hoping you'd provide directions to the Chanel in Belk. If only you could see the single tear rolling down my cheek. :cry:
I wish I could tell you there was one. There wasn't when I last went. But considering that this is Belk SouthPark we're talking about, they may have slipped one in on Level Three while nobody was looking. :P

I could totally see them having one though. Considering how much St. John they move, I can imagine Chanel would have appeal to the "Regency Sportswear" shoppers.