SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

someone needs to go take pix of neiman marcus construction, I wonder where its at now, if it is built anything like nordstrom, it should be pretty damn close to completion on the outside at least its been nearly a month since the last pic and I'm Salivating to see whats new

Edited by Rickydavisfan21

someone needs to go take pix of neiman marcus construction, I wonder where its at now, if it is built anything like nordstrom, it should be pretty damn close to completion on the outside at least its been nearly a month since the last pic and I'm Salivating to see whats new

I did a drive-by (my term for visiting a mall without going inside it, just via driving around the mall in the parking lot) last night and the outside is in good shape- lots of beige brick and some other beige exterior pieces all done. They haven't put the glass or entrance details yet, but the exterior looks maybe 80% complete.

Neiman Marcus doesn't seem to have a standard store design on the exterior like Dillard's and Parisian do- anyhow, it looks very elegant.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/14284510.htm

Some information about the store that QVC opened at SouthPark, Savor.

QVC? You gotta be kidding! Well, my aunts will have a reason to shop at SouthPark now. :P

Do we know what the entrance to the mall will look like- maybe marble, like Lord & Taylor's standard?

Definitely tastefully expensive, like the outside of the store. Can't wait!

Not sure what it will look like. No two Neiman-Marcus stores look exactly alike.

Do we know what the entrance to the mall will look like- maybe marble, like Lord & Taylor's standard?

Definitely tastefully expensive, like the outside of the store. Can't wait!

I always imagined the inner-mall entrance to Neiman's would look like this

marcus7ta.jpg

(Millenia Mall in Orlando)

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=...2&scene=3911828

Edited by cantnot

Greetings everyone. I thought I woudl let you know that in 2007 Macys will beginto carry the full and Newly expanded Marta Stewart Colelction. It will be what many have come to expect from here.Bedding,kitchen,bath,even furniture. Of course the materil/thread counts,etc. will be improved to aim at a more upscale market than K Mart.

Greetings everyone. I thought I woudl let you know that in 2007 Macys will beginto carry the full and Newly expanded Marta Stewart Colelction. It will be what many have come to expect from here.Bedding,kitchen,bath,even furniture. Of course the materil/thread counts,etc. will be improved to aim at a more upscale market than K Mart.

Geeze.........I cant spell today...........LOL

According to the Houston business journal, Barney's will be opening a Co-op there and a Barney's New york in Dallas. I know that sounds good but it aint in Charlotte, but here is the thing. The company that bought Barney's, Jones Apparel Group, plans to expand the Co-op line by 4 new stores, while the Barney's New York line by 2 new stores. The only true cities I see with a new Barney's New York store are Philly and San Fran.

Does anyone think that maybe Barney's is looking at Charlotte for a possible Co-op store?

Co-op stores sell the same merchandise, but they are cheaper and the stores are much smaller because they aren't department sizes, but boutiques.

Edited by Rufus

According to the Houston business journal, Barney's will be opening a Co-op there and a Barney's New york in Dallas. I know that sounds good but it aint in Charlotte, but here is the thing. The company that bought Barney's, Jones Apparel Group, plans to expand the Co-op line by 4 new stores, while the Barney's New York line by 2 new stores. The only true cities I see with a new Barney's New York store are Philly and San Fran.

Does anyone think that maybe Barney's is looking at Charlotte for a possible Co-op store?

Co-op stores sell the same merchandise, but they are cheaper and the stores are much smaller because they aren't department sizes, but boutiques.

I could see it. I think that what retailers really need to hone in to is the client base in SP. The houshold income in the SP submarket rivals anything in SanFran or NYC. I think when CLT gains more of a National presence the retail will have us on the rader and begin to develop faster than I can get finished with typing this post. In the end that is the game: Make money !

The National recognition is coming close since we are at or near critical mass in Charlotte's population (2.5 Million CSA. This is where ATL was in the early 80's before the fuse was lit.) It is all about numbers of rooftops and household income when it comes to expansion and growth of retail. I also think Raleigh enters into the mix with a Co-Op, but possibly stagered out by 5-7 years.

A2

Edited by A2

Yep, I was thinking once Charlotte gains more national exposure, which it is starting to get, will experience a retail boom. The same thing happened with uptown condos. I'd expect to see some retail along the lines of Armani, Fendi, and Macy's target the Charlotte market. IKEA is supposed to head our way. I'd like to see a Virgin Mega ;) . I'd expect them to consider uptown, but now im off topic.

BTW, speaking of National recognition. CNBC did a great piece on Charlotte's housing market today They showed awesome shots of the bustling streetscape of Tryon, and VERY impressive shots of the skyline. They touted it as being the 2nd largest Banking center outside of NYC, along with notable mentions of BofA and Wachovia.

This along with Bloomburg is constantly on at my house and at work.

It is also regular viewing for thousands of major Financial Institutions all over the globe. Investors, Corporate Exec's and Well heeled people the world over take note of positive press on a city. Not too mention the fact that CLT is well positoned from a cost of living standpoint. Corporate Retailers are all watching as well as other National and International Firms looking to relocate.

Charlotte is getting a lot of GREAT press lately and I would not downplay anything happening on the Retail front since the moementum torch has officially been lit.

A2

Edited by A2

I know this is way off topic... but Charlotte got some very good press from Bobby Flay while he was here filming for his Food Network show, Food Nation with Bobby Flay. Don't know how long ago it was filmed, but it had Mimosa Grill in it, and he talked about how it was one of the fastest growing cities and second largest banking center outside of NY in the US. Anyways...

EDIT: Actually, if you go to the food network right now, it'll be on at 1:30 am.

Edited by UrbanCharlotte

The company that bought Barney's, Jones Apparel Group, plans to expand the Co-op line by 4 new stores, while the Barney's New York line by 2 new stores. The only true cities I see with a new Barney's New York store are Philly and San Fran.

Check my posts. I posted about both some time ago in this thread. A Co-Op for Charlotte is a possibility. It's low risk and doesn't need much space. For a place like Charlotte, the biggest worry is the effect national retailers will have on the smaller boutiques. Can Charlotte support both?

They're planning more than 2 flagships. Miami, San Diego, Atlanta, etc. are all being scouted for locations. They're planning an agressive expansion between now and 2008. This expansion includes new Co-Op locations. Barneys just announced a Vegas store. Expect more and more anouncements for the next year or so.

A2, Atlanta is one of the top retail markets in the country. Much of the retail growth is based on that. National recognition helps as does having high income areas. Yet the biggest indicator is (of course) supply and demand. If there's a demand for luxury goods and brands then they will build. Unfortunately, a lot of brands we'd like to see in Charlotte don't have a great deal of demand. That demand generally boils down to culture and demographics. Charlotteans with money tend to be older and more conservative favoring more established brands. I think Steven made that point earlier in this thread. That is why Hermes makes perfect sense, but Prada makes less sense. <_<

A lot of what we post is wishful thinking and not grounded in reality.

[T}he biggest indicator is (of course) supply and demand. If there's a demand for luxury goods and brands then they will build. Unfortunately, a lot of brands we'd like to see in Charlotte don't have a great deal of demand. That demand generally boils down to culture and demographics. Charlotteans with money tend to be older and more conservative favoring more established brands. I think Steven made that point earlier in this thread. That is why Hermes makes perfect sense, but Prada makes less sense. <_<

A lot of what we post is wishful thinking and not grounded in reality.

Yep. :thumbsup: