Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

What seems to have completely stalled, which I think was Orlando’s forte for condo units, is the smaller niche style townhouse infill projects that people seem to gravitate to in downtown Orlando neighborhoods. This helped to fill out the Main Street districts nicely with a mix of residential styles. 

A perk for high rise living is have a prized view to gaze out at. Orlando just doesn’t have that and never will. That is why we tend to see the taller developments pop up around lakes, whenever they do materialize.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

What seems to have completely stalled, which I think was Orlando’s forte for condo units, is the smaller niche style townhouse infill projects that people seem to gravitate to in downtown Orlando neighborhoods. This helped to fill out the Main Street districts nicely with a mix of residential styles. 

A perk for high rise living is have a prized view to gaze out at. Orlando just doesn’t have that and never will. That is why we tend to see the taller developments pop up around lakes, whenever they do materialize.

Being at the Orange Code meeting yesterday, the boomers are ready to revolt about those townhomes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, orlandocity87 said:

Is this lot visible from the Mayor's window or something? Leave it be for a couple months! The mural, gravel lot, and picnic tables were fine.

Well, what are they actually building? Some sort of a shade structure or something more substantial? Odd there is no information available.

The only news we got was that the property was purchased for the DTO CRA for development into a public park space. They had some renderings before, but none of them had a structure of this size shown. 

I wonder if there are any plans/renderings available from the CRA. 

On 6/13/2024 at 10:44 PM, JFW657 said:

Well, one good thing is that whatever this thing is supposed to be.....

PastedGraphic-2.png

If that's how it turns out, it will be as tacky looking as the wall mural behind it, so they shouldn't clash.  

jRm8q5.gif

Edited by codypet

17 hours ago, JFW657 said:

jack-nicholson-yes.gif 

that is the best meme I ever saw.  and when I saw the movie that it came from for the first time a few months ago, I felt like Indiana Jones when he discovered that golden idol.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 10:44 PM, JFW657 said:

Well, one good thing is that whatever this thing is supposed to be.....

PastedGraphic-2.png

If that's how it turns out, it will be as tacky looking as the wall mural behind it, so they shouldn't clash.  

I thought this was a joke when you posted it. I was downtown this morning. It was not a joke. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jrs2 said:

20240618_134947.jpg

Oh Lord.... that's tacky looking alright.

But, it blends in with the tacky looking mural, so why not? 

6 hours ago, jack said:

I thought this was a joke when you posted it. I was downtown this morning. It was not a joke. 

It's a joke and wasn't a joke at the same time.  

Anyone else notice this in that high angled photo above?.....

Screenshot-20240618-215220.jpg

....it looks like that building either has some serious roof issues, or they're trying to start one of those "green roofs".  

You'd think it would be leaking pretty badly by now. 

• Like 1

There's another pretty gnarly looking spot just above and to the right of it that looks like an actual big gaping hole.

Maybe there's another roof layer underneath that is well sealed and has really good drainage.

Otherwise, how could it get that bad and the building still be habitable?