Orlando Transit

Jernigan

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Lymmo to use federal grant to transition to fully electric buses:

https://bungalower.com/2019/07/23/big-grant-nets-lynx-new-electric-lymmo-buses/

From Bungalower 

Not nearly the environmental impact of having a lymmo system that actually induced people to not drive from one side of downtown to the other.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Not nearly the environmental impact of having a lymmo system that actually induced people to not drive from one side of downtown to the other.

I'm still waiting on the North/South Lymmo so that I'll no longer need to drive to SODO. I live close to a Lymmo line and I almost never use it. Hopefully the ride quality will improve as well with better shock absorbers [and throw in an inertia damper for tight turns as well lol]. The handful of times I did use it, I found the ride quality to be extremely uncomfortable and the person I was with literally had to exit before getting motion sickness.

OTOH I assume an electric bus  would be much quieter which is a plus in itself especially if Magnolia eventually transitions to outdoor dining, because Lynx buses are incredibly noisy and smelly at street level.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 4:27 PM, nite owℓ said:

I'm still waiting on the North/South Lymmo so that I'll no longer need to drive to SODO. I live close to a Lymmo line and I almost never use it. 

If the proposed lymmo expansion happens and features 15 minute frequency, no dedicated lanes on Orange, and includes a fare, as planned - I’ve got good news.   That exact service already exists from downtown to SoDo.

Edited by Jernigan
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Urban Mail Carrier said:

I wonder how effective this will be in downtown Orlando. Can be used for overnight transportation for LYMMO. Can also be used as Rapid Bus Transit routes IF they could increase the velocity.

Well that’s one way to house a handful more people at night.

• Haha 1

Orlando readies for electric scooter invasion with proposed rules for speed, wheels and no-go zones

How do you guys feel about e-scooters? Personally, living downtown I think they’d be a great addition. I live in 55 and I would almost never go to lake Eola or anything on that side if it weren’t for lime bikes. I think I’ll use the scooters even more with them being smaller and easier to operate on sidewalks.

Edited by DreS0803
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DreS0803 said:

How do you guys feel about e-scooters? Personally, living downtown I think they’d be a great addition. I live in 55 and I would almost never go to lake Eola or anything on that side if it weren’t for lime bikes. I think I’ll use the scooters even more with them being smaller and easier to operate on sidewalks.

I've been going out of my way to use lime bikes even if I didn't have a need just to show their use so that we get scoots.  I firmly believe that dockless scooters and bikes (to a lesser extent) are the solution to last-mile transit issues.

With that said, dude.  Publix is a 10 minute walk from 55.  Easy walk!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DreS0803 said:

Orlando readies for electric scooter invasion with proposed rules for speed, wheels and no-go zones

Cool.  I was researching being a Juicer when it became online.  Now we'll see how this goes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to put your two cents in on transit, OC is having a Town Hall tomorrow night on the topic. 

It’s out towards Goldenrod, so let’s all hang out with Hank and think bus thoughts!

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-bz-orange-county-meeting-20191002-zju3pljtbvdvdbwwp2lb3jmshe-story.html

From the Sentinel 

12 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

If you want to put your two cents in on transit, OC is having a Town Hall tomorrow night on the topic. 

It’s out towards Goldenrod, so let’s all hang out with Hank and think bus thoughts!

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-bz-orange-county-meeting-20191002-zju3pljtbvdvdbwwp2lb3jmshe-story.html

From the Sentinel 

We can chill and bus out!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, shardoon said:

Didnt all the old ones, pre automated doors, wind up at the vegas monorail?

Some of the Mark IV trains did go there.  They are gone now and replaced by custom built Mark VI ones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_IV_monorail

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Las_Vegas_Monorail

Interesting note, that LV line is currently being expanded again to add 2 stations.

• Like 2

Lime says its 500 bikes are out and scooters in if Orlando City Council says yes:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/orange-county/os-ne-orlando-e-scooter-ordinance-20191107-jd4lrd5mpfh5xj5ryl3y6slaka-story.html

From the Sentinel 

Why do I have this terrible feeling I’ll soon be run over on the sidewalk?

Edited by spenser1058

On 11/7/2019 at 2:22 PM, spenser1058 said:

Lime says its 500 bikes are out and scooters in if Orlando City Council says yes:

Disappointed it's an either or.  I'm sure it won't take long for Scooters to become the norm but it does seem wasteful to already be ditching the e-bikes. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jerry95 said:

Disappointed it's an either or.  I'm sure it won't take long for Scooters to become the norm but it does seem wasteful to already be ditching the e-bikes. 

In other cities the scooters are oft abused.  LA has a insta channel called "Homeless vs Bird" that shows them being thrown into the ocean/used as shelter structure/ tossed under moving traffic.  Hope they don't wind up in Lake Eola.

• Like 1