Cherrydale & Travelers Rest

penney

On 1/14/2023 at 5:33 AM, gman said:

Jersey’s Mikes opens this Wednesday, moving its location from Main St. Greenville. They will be location beside the FedEx store near Olive Garden. 

It looks like they’re still open downtown. Are you sure it was a relocation and not just an additional one? 

3 hours ago, gman430 said:

It looks like they’re still open downtown. Are you sure it was a relocation and not just an additional one? 

Was at the downtown location last week. There is a sign on the door about relocating, plus that is what they are saying to their customers. 

Update to show what is on the location section of the Jersey Mike's website. 

We're Moving to a New Location! 
3280 N Pleasantburg Drive
Suite D
Greenville, SC 29609-2932

(864) 991-8737

Edited by gman
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, gman said:

Was at the downtown location last week. There is a sign on the door about relocating, plus that is what they are saying to their customers. 

We're Moving to a New Locat
Suite D

(864) 991-8737

Probably a smart move. The Cherrydale area could use another sub choice. The only one I know of in that vicinity is Subway. Always wished they would land a Jimmy Johns or Firehouse between there and Furman.

On 1/19/2023 at 10:49 AM, gman said:

We're Moving to a New Location! 
Suite D

(864) 991-8737

Why would anyone who normally goes there when they are DT get back in their car and drive to Pleasantburg to go to Jersey Mikes? I know they have to do what makes sense for their business but there's no way their DT customers are going to the new location; they'll have to build a new customer base.

2 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Why would anyone who normally goes there when they are DT get back in their car and drive to Pleasantburg to go to Jersey Mikes? I know they have to do what makes sense for their business but there's no way their DT customers are going to the new location; they'll have to build a new customer base.

They will get regular residential customers from their N Main base. All they will lose is the downtown office workers. Otherwise, I guarantee their business will pick up drastically. They will also pick up Jersey Mikes regulars like myself. I live near Paris Mtn. State Park and would drive to Pelham Rd. for my weekly fix of a great sub. 

Edited by gman

46 minutes ago, gman said:

We picked up our online order today at Jersey Mike’s. They had plenty of staff and the place was packed with happy customers. The subs, as always, were awesome. 

They have been doing a good job with all their new locations.  Ones also recently opened in Mauldin and Simpsonville that both are operating very smooth whenever I go in. Their cheesesteaks are sneaky good for being a chain.

Panera and Chipotle are another story...

Edited by NewlyUpstate

38 minutes ago, NewlyUpstate said:

They have been doing a good job with all their new locations.  Ones also recently opened in Mauldin and Simpsonville that both are operating very smooth whenever I go in. Their cheesesteaks are sneaky good for being a chain.

I hope the Panda they are building between Panera and Chipotle  on N. Pleasantburg will be a good one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gman said:

We picked up our online order today at Jersey Mike’s. They had plenty of staff and the place was packed with happy customers. The subs, as always, were awesome. 

Not sure why anybody would be okay with another empty retail space downtown. :dontknow: 

1 hour ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Our (5?) chipotles may be the worst I have ever visited. It like the local owners do not care or can't seem to train. They are constantly out of items and never clean up their messes.

19 hours ago, gman430 said:

Not sure why anybody would be okay with another empty retail space downtown. :dontknow: 

I am all for businesses doing what is best for them. If that means an empty downtown space, so be it. Besides, something else will go there in due time. 

19 hours ago, gman430 said:

Who the heck goes to Chipotle when you have Moe’s? 

I am surprised Moe’s has survived. They are terrible. 

Edited by gman

16 hours ago, gman said:

I am all for businesses doing what is best for them. It that means an empty downtown space, so be it. Besides, something else will go there in due time. 

I am surprised Moe’s has survived. They are terrible. 

I only go to Moe's when I'm forced to by circumstance, and I only get a salad or something that doesn't require preparers to reach for ingredients. I can't tell you how many times I've watched some preparer's t-shirt glide over an open burrito as they reach for some distant ingredient. Gross. I've sent letters, but to no avail.

• 2 months later...
On 4/5/2023 at 10:01 AM, vistatiger said:

There was one across from Cherrydale where Joy of Tokyo (next to Yogurt Mountain) is now back around 2008 or so. I liked it but it did not last long. Guess they are giving it another go. 

As long as it doesn't become another Golden Chick on Pelham...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The new Publix near Furman U. opened today. It is nice and big, and well stocked. The crowds inside were overwhelming and the store was very difficult to navigate today. I look forward to visiting the store again after things calm down a little. 

• Like 3

On 11/1/2023 at 1:33 PM, gman said:

The new Publix near Furman U. opened today. It is nice and big, and well stocked. The crowds inside were overwhelming and the store was very difficult to navigate today. I look forward to visiting the store again after things calm down a little. 

I wonder if they have leased the old store yet. I'm thinking it will probably be subdivided .

Also noticed that Tropical Grille had replaced the old Parsley+Mint across the way  apparently several months  ago.  I often eat at Mr Salsa over there and can't believe I'm just noticing that.

• 2 months later...