Carroll A. Campbell Jr. U.S. Courthouse

gman430

44 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Does two for the same building count?  So we have Bohemian, Camperdown Office, AC hotel, and 2 for Courthouse. What else are we waiting for, McLauren? 

And possibly the condo building next to McBee Station. McClaren is probably a ways off though. 

I imagine this new crane will be taller than the other one currently on site so there won’t be a risk of the horizontal steel booms hitting each other. 

Edited by gman430

The new crane is definitely gonna be taller than the other one currently on site. More vertical sections with it on site to install compared to how many are on the other crane total. May even be taller than the one at Camperdown. I’ll try to get some drone shots this afternoon after it’s fully topped out. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2019 at 1:57 PM, gman430 said:

A10-C5-CAE-BF08-4-E32-982-E-616551-B7201

Great pics Gman! 

In this last pic, there's a noticeable hole in the foreground, bounded by Camperdown Condos at 11:00, the new hotel at 1:30, the parking deck beside Church St at 3:00, and the Grand Bohemian at 8:30. I think it used to be the old post office area. I'm guessing it is owned by too many owners to count, but it makes up a large area; at least as big as Camperdown itself. Anybody have  any insight into this area? Is this the industrial area the new master plan showed some conceptual renderings for?

9 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Great pics Gman! 

In this last pic, there's a noticeable hole in the foreground, bounded by Camperdown Condos at 11:00, the new hotel at 1:30, the parking deck beside Church St at 3:00, and the Grand Bohemian at 8:30. I think it used to be the old post office area. I'm guessing it is owned by too many owners to count, but it makes up a large area; at least as big as Camperdown itself. Anybody have  any insight into this area? Is this the industrial area the new master plan showed some conceptual renderings for?

image.thumb.png.225f28f75f6f20ee10a9037ea054239b.png

My understanding is that the goal is to make it a tech district of some sort. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Current status

The Carroll A. Campbell U.S. Courthouse is currently under construction. Since the groundbreaking in spring 2019, slabs have been poured for the basement and the first two floors. Work on the following four floors will continue through December 2019. GSA anticipated that building will be topped off in January 2020.

Next milestone

Precast panels for the building’s exterior will begin arriving on site by March 2020.

https://www.gsa.gov/about-us/regions/welcome-to-the-southeast-sunbelt-region-4/buildings-and-facilities/south-carolina/carroll-a-campbell-jr-us-courthouse

How tall will this building be? It sounds from this that it will only be 6 floors? I imagine that each floor will be taller than most floors of other buildings though.