2008 US Presidential Race, Obama vs McCain

monsoon

The biggest upset in presidential elections. Favored Republican NY Governor Thomas E. Dewey didn't defeat Harry Truman in 1948 as the Chicago Tribune prematurely published. Pollsters and the press predicted Dewey would walk over Truman whose Democratic Party was split three-ways (between Truman, Henry Wallace, and Strom Thurmond)...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gov. Palin has been jetting all over the country today, for last minute appearances. She's worn jeans all day.......I wonder if she is trying to downplay the 150K wardrobe issue(?). Either way ya look at it, it's gauche. I don't want to see candidates for important, national offices running around in jeans~

Gov.Palin is a trip. quite simply put. A real trip.

I would have liked to have voted for Bob Barr, unfortunately he wasn't on the ballot here. So I voted for the next best thing: Nader.

And then for the Congressional race, I voted for the Democrat incumbent.

I think the GOP wants me to turn my party membership over...

Media is now reporting that unless the Democrats can pull off a huge upset on a non-contested Senate seat, they will not get the 60 they need to prevent filibusters. On another note just as I'm typing this, the McCain campaign has more or less acknowledged that they cannot mathematically win the election now, basically informally conceding the election to Obama.

FEDERAL:

Obama/Biden: Yes

CALIFORNIA:

Prop 1--$9 Billion High Speed Rail Bonds: Yes

Prop 8--Eliminate Same-Sex couples to marry: No

SAN FRANCISCO:

Prop K--Change Laws Protecting Sex Workers/Prostitutes: Yes

Prop M--Tenants Protection Against Landlord Harassement: Yes

Prop Q--Change Name of Oceanside H20 Treatment Plant to George W Bush Sewage Plant: Yes

Archived