2008 US Presidential Race, Obama vs McCain

monsoon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The claim the surge was a success was just another spin to hide another failure in the entire Iraq debacle. It's just like the endless changes to the definition of "victory" that we have seen for close to 6 years of war there. It's too bad that too many Americans fall for it and almost Orwellian in how well doublespeak works with this public.

They were pretending to be French President, Nicolas Sarkozy, the newly elected conservative (for France) that has been warmer to the Bush administration than Jacques Chirac. It was amazing they were able to get through to Palin so easily who apparently was unaware for 7 minutes until informed they informed her who they really were. Then the response to that was amusing too. God help us if that woman ever gets in control of the White House.

In a word, embarrassing. Here's a link to the call...While she wasn't entirely unlikable during the call, this isn't a popularity contest- or shouldn't be. Doesn't she have more effective handlers? I also realize that others have been pranked as well, including Jacques Chirac and the Queen. Still....ugh.

The Huffington Post

Not sure if I've said this once before here, but the only time I have voted for a Democrat was for Ned Lamont against Lieberman in the 2006 Senate race.

I am a moderate leaning libertarian. For this area, I'm a bit conservative. My thoughts: McCain I agree with more, but he's an epic failure waiting to happen like Bush. Especially with Palin on board, the future there looks bad. I think Obama would be a more competent leader, but I don't personally agree with him on much of anything. And then I really just don't like either party, so I could make a protest vote for Ralph Nader.

On top of this: my family all wants to join up on Tuesday and vote together. This is so any weak links (me) or the apathetic (my brother) vote... for McCain. This makes me want to vote for Obama (or Nader) just to spite them and all the lunatic b-s they believe in. They've fallen hook line and sinker for the Rush Limbaugh style lies and the evangelical Christian community chain e-mails against Obama.

Or I could just leave that column blank?

The GOP has told Bush and co to remain out of sight and thus hopefully out of mind until after the election. This is why Bush, Rice, etc are no where to be seen and instead of voting at his ranch in TX, Bush will vote privately at Camp David. However Cheney decided against this and endorsed McCain this weekend. So Obama's campaign made an ad.

The GOP has told Bush and co to remain out of sight and thus hopefully out of mind until after the election. This is why Bush, Rice, etc are no where to be seen and instead of voting at his ranch in TX, Bush will vote privately at Camp David. However Cheney decided against this and endorsed McCain this weekend. So Obama's campaign made an ad.

Going by a quote from Reagan, for those that have not made up their minds yet, ask yourselves this. Are you better off now than you were eight years ago? If so vote for McCain. If not vote for Obama. Under Bush, my household has seen a reduction in income and a resultant ebb in quality of life. Where as under Clinton my household experience the biggest and longest round of prosperity ever. During Clinton's final year, we were at a point were we could finally breath and not have to worry so much about struggling just to keep our head above water. 8 year later we are doing just that, struggling to keep our heads above water. Obama has a similar vision to Clinton where as McCain is 90% Bush. So logic tells me that if I prospered during the Clinton years while suffering during the Bush years, then I should vote for Obama.

Archived